Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

I was chatting to my brother on the phone at the weekend and he said that his friend saw a dead dolphin on the beach. Probably washed up in the recent storms.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything else interesting while down at the beach. A little more light hearted than a dead dolphin though please.

bottles with messages in etc you get the picture.......

for us back home with no beaches to walk, we can only dream.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you go down to the beach today your in for a big surprise

Originally Posted by leedslad
I was chatting to my brother on the phone at the weekend and he said that his friend saw a dead dolphin on the beach. Probably washed up in the recent storms.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything else interesting while down at the beach. A little more light hearted than a dead dolphin though please.

Mission Beach, Queensland - saw 2 Kangaroos boxing on the beach.
Zinkwazi Beach, South Africa - saw a 5km wide sardine shoal with sharks dolphins & sea birds having a feeding frenzy.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Well... I was down at Fistral Beach in Newquay this summer and I saw a used sanitary towel float past my boogie board. Does that count?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Mission Beach, Queensland - saw 2 Kangaroos boxing on the beach.
Zinkwazi Beach, South Africa - saw a 5km wide sardine shoal with sharks dolphins & sea birds having a feeding frenzy.
wow what a sight that would have been...i've never seen any kangaroos on the beach..COOL!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:56 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny u should say message in a bottle....there was an article in the local paper the other day....of a young couple the day of their wedding, were on the beach...a bottle washed up on shore and inside it was a love letter from 1971....how spooky lol
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

On some beaches the white pointers can be an interesting distraction.

Oops, here comes the missus. eyes straight!

WW
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:18 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well... I was down at Fistral Beach in Newquay this summer and I saw a used sanitary towel float past my boogie board. Does that count?

Freakin hell, it floated past me too on the beach in Portugal a few weeks ago!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Never seen one of these before: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...625063911.html
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:27 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Storini
I remember seeing that in our local paper earlier in the year, must of washed up on one of the days we didnt go down there for a walk.
Certainly was a long one
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Wombats on the beach at Tidal River/Wilsons Prom

Uk beaches - I've seen oil, tar, old plastic bottles & the sea is usually brown
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:56 am
aussie73

Sometimes l see dead whales and dolphins on the beach, lots of dead penguins,a small shark once. Lots of drift wood l use it for fire wood.

Last edited by aussie73; Sep 14th 2005 at 2:02 am.

Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

I was in Margate the other day on work related visit, and saw some old girl on the the beach with her Lils out!

Do their generation know no shame?

LOL
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:18 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

At Byron, two Koala's wearing thongs, slapping on suncream and reading a Harry Potter book. Then a Kangaroo drove up in a Dune Buggy, smoking a bong, with a bandana on and eating wotsits.

The weirdest thing was, it wasn't even sunny.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by diddy
At Byron, two Koala's wearing thongs, slapping on suncream and reading a Harry Potter book. Then a Kangaroo drove up in a Dune Buggy, smoking a bong, with a bandana on and eating wotsits.

Believed it till you said eating Wotsits! ...
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

My guess is it wasn't the kangaroo smoking the bong. You were listening to Cat Stevens, weren't you? :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.