Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you could turn the clock back!

If you could turn the clock back!

Old May 22nd 2006, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you could turn the clock back!

Originally Posted by Hutch
I merely respond to Stanton, with the following quote, lifted from his very own website.

"It is an achievement sometimes to learn that people do have alternative viewpoints and it is an immense achievement to accept that another person's viewpoint can have equal validity with their own."

So please, Stanton, accept that those of who like Australia have an 'alternative viewpoint' to you, and that (in your own words) our views have 'equal validity' to your own.

You're little more than a bully and you should *seriously* consider your actions before you accuse others of hypocrisy.

Maybe it is because he puts aftershave on his Brazilian ?
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Do they wear aftershave there?
Yes.

It comes from Tasmania
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I merely respond to Stanton, with the following quote, lifted from his very own website.

"It is an achievement sometimes to learn that people do have alternative viewpoints and it is an immense achievement to accept that another person's viewpoint can have equal validity with their own."

So please, Stanton, accept that those of who like Australia have an 'alternative viewpoint' to you, and that (in your own words) our views have 'equal validity' to your own.

You're little more than a bully and you should *seriously* consider your actions before you accuse others of hypocrisy.

You are under the misconception it is his own words though.

Remember his profession - Management Consultant.
Bigger robbers than Robin Hood and his merry men.
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Yes.

It comes from Tasmania
Does Possums know about this?

Whatever it is I'm talking about
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Does Possums know about this?

Whatever it is I'm talking about
yes, yes,yes.....no

Anyways, Im orf to bed.

You can tell possums

Night night my sweet little tab end
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
yes, yes,yes.....no

Anyways, Im orf to bed.

You can tell possums

Night night my sweet little tab end
You are not going to try to smoke me are you... :scared:

Night
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:42 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

They're definitely his words mate
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix

The "Devil's Dictionary" definition of a consultant included..."the ability to decamp at high speed despite lugging a suitcase full of cash". But I'm sure there's no link between that and Mike's return to the UK.

Last edited by Cam1977; May 22nd 2006 at 2:25 pm.
Old May 24th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonymous1234
Stanton...Get a life, you sad, whinging POM. Just because you failed to make it here in Australia, don't put other people down for trying. Your pathetically negative attitude is no doubt the reason that you prefer it in the UK...You are the apitome of a whinging POM. No wonder the Australian's have such a bad view of us with moaners like you around. If you don't have anything good to say about Australia, then GET OUT of the Australia forum...

I have watched this forum for quite a while (under a different username of course), and I have also read a lot of your posts Stanton, and it sickens me to listen to you whinge constantly. I was quite prepared to suffer the occasional "UK is much much better, Australia is ****", but you have taken it too far. You came, you failed to see, you left for pastures brown and soggy again. Get over it. You're no longer an expat. So why are you still posting?

AND THAT GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO WHINGE, BITCH OR MOAN ABOUT ANYTHING...IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANYTHING POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY, SHOVE OFF...
It is time you knew anonymous1234.....I am....your father. (DV)

Last edited by MikeStanton; May 24th 2006 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 24th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Old May 24th 2006, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rumour has it that you aren't capable or have any inclination of fathering (or mothering if you are a female troll)!

OzTennis
Old May 24th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

You're obviously not an investigative journo, I don't have a website. Stanton isn't my real name, you idiot. Doh!

No bully, buddy. Each can express their own views, eg you or Google Bitch (aka Rash the Incurable).

BTW, I don't accuse you of hypocrisy, you are a hypocrite.
Old May 26th 2006, 10:25 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

To read that I didn't meet your expectations made my day - well, that and Brits show Aussies how to design Socceroos' World Cup kit: http://www.dailytelegrph.news.com.au...5001023,00.htm.

"Nobody ever went to live in Australia because of the success they'd made of things at home. "I have thousands of friends, endless party invitations, a wonderful, happy family, a great job and even better prospects. So I'm off." All Australians are descended from Billy No Mates. "

What say you, William?
So that explains why you immigrated to OZ in the first place
Old May 26th 2006, 11:09 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
So that explains why you immigrated to OZ in the first place
nice 1.
Old May 27th 2006, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Desire
If you knew what you know now, would you still emigrate?
I'm just curious of other peoples thoughts.
I have been here 11 months now, still not sure how i feel, a bit like being in no mans land at the moment.
Difficult to answer this one!! We are actually returning to live in the UK in a few months time. I'm glad we came because I think it has made us appreciate what we actually had back home and took for granted. In hindsight I would have kept our house in the UK for 12 months to be sure that we were settled in Oz first. We have lost a lot of money making this move, and we have decided to move to a cheaper area. We are off to lovely Wiltshire where the In-laws have just bought a huge farm.

So in summary, I'm glad we came because until you try something you never knoiw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.