Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you could turn the clock back!

If you could turn the clock back!

Old May 18th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default If you could turn the clock back!

If you knew what you know now, would you still emigrate?
I'm just curious of other peoples thoughts.
I have been here 11 months now, still not sure how i feel, a bit like being in no mans land at the moment.
Old May 18th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: If you could turn the clock back!

Probably not. Not that I don't like it here, but it is a can of worm's that I wish I had never opened and it feels like being on a rollercoaster. Dying to go back to UK on holiday, but scared I won't want to come back !
Old May 18th 2006, 10:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I am full of regrets....

That I didn't do this year's earlier
Old May 18th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desire
I have been here 11 months now, still not sure how i feel, a bit like being in no mans land at the moment.
Yes definitely !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

I dont think I have been here long enough to know, but so far I have no regrets at all, although I must say I really didnt think I would be one of those whinging poms moaning about the aussie tv, but my god ITS SOOOOO BAD! And aussie big brother dont even get me started.

Also had very strange feelings of nostalgia watching the travel show tonight in Mumble and Temby (not sure if thats how its spelt) and I have never even been there.

But no I love Aus and so does my husband.
Old May 18th 2006, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Nope, I wouldn't have come to OZ. Next question
Old May 18th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Wish we moved out here years ago!!!

14 months in and not even thinking of going back to UK even for a holiday!

Claire
Old May 18th 2006, 12:17 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I am full of regrets....

I'm with you Worzel - spent 12 yrs plus wondering and missed the boat on a nice easy visa by 1 MONTH
Old May 18th 2006, 12:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I am full of regrets....

Me too. We talked about it years ago but it never went any further. As it turns out we wouldn't have qualified a few years ago anyway.

Nope, no regrets here.
Old May 18th 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by lawlaw
I dont think I have been here long enough to know, but so far I have no regrets at all, although I must say I really didnt think I would be one of those whinging poms moaning about the aussie tv, but my god ITS SOOOOO BAD! And aussie big brother dont even get me started.

Also had very strange feelings of nostalgia watching the travel show tonight in Mumble and Temby (not sure if thats how its spelt) and I have never even been there.

But no I love Aus and so does my husband.
If I'm right this sounds like you've seen Tenby and a place called Mumbles in Swansea where I live now. We've just sent off our 136 application and are aiming to be in Brisbane asap !!!
They both look great from afar, but believe me when there are mass brawls most weekends (during the daytime) from Stag/Hen trips when I'm trying to take my little girls for a walk, it can run a bit thin ! Hang in there !!!!!
Old May 18th 2006, 8:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: If you could turn the clock back!

Yes. In fact, I would have done so much earlier.
Old May 18th 2006, 9:05 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martynm
If I'm right this sounds like you've seen Tenby and a place called Mumbles in Swansea where I live now. We've just sent off our 136 application and are aiming to be in Brisbane asap !!!
They both look great from afar, but believe me when there are mass brawls most weekends (during the daytime) from Stag/Hen trips when I'm trying to take my little girls for a walk, it can run a bit thin ! Hang in there !!!!!
My brother lives in your neck of the woods. I can fully understand why you're emigrating.
Old May 19th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Originally Posted by martynm
I agree .....We missed the (£10 pom) boat 30 years ago- and have lived in Mumbles ever since. Been to Oz three times,our children have been there for 3+ years ago.... going to join them this summer.
Wish we could've done it years ago.

S
Old May 19th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by stubbyholder
I agree .....We missed the (£10 pom) boat 30 years ago- and have lived in Mumbles ever since. Been to Oz three times,our children have been there for 3+ years ago.... going to join them this summer.
Wish we could've done it years ago.

S
best of luck ! Enjoy !
Old May 19th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough

I would be interested to know "if you could turn back the clock" who would have ditched their agent and applied for a visa on their own. Was it worth paying the extra couple of grand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.