Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If U Think There Is No Crime In Oz Think Again

If U Think There Is No Crime In Oz Think Again

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default If U Think There Is No Crime In Oz Think Again

As i type i am in an internet cafe.

Been here 5 weeks and 1 day , everything seemed to be going ok.

And then last sunday the house was broken into :scared:

we went to do some shopping on sunday at 12:30 , came back at 2:45 and they had broken in stole £1400 (didnt change it as the exchange rate was crap ! ) son's ipod, laptop and three of john's watches to say we were gobsmacked would be an understatement !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If U Think There Is No Crime In Oz Think Again

Sorry to hear that, what a shit start to your new life, hope you can get through this and make a real go of it in oz.

Chin up
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:27 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. Not a good start eh.
I'm sure things will get a lot better. As your thread title suggests it can happen anywhere. I've had my house broken into aswell, so I've got every sympathy with you.
Keep your chin up
Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:29 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Who in thier right mind would think there is no crime in Australia?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJL family

we went to do some shopping on sunday at 12:30 , came back at 2:45 and they had broken in stole £1400 (didnt change it as the exchange rate was crap ! ) son's ipod, laptop and three of john's watches to say we were gobsmacked would be an understatement !!!!!!!!!!!
Very sorry to hear that. Make sure any passwords on your laptop are changed.

Where do you live? (The general area will do, not the full address & postcode).
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

i've never had a house broken into, but i can imagine it's left you with a sense of "violation"? i hope they catch the thieving b******* that did it.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lilstewie
i've never had a house broken into, but i can imagine it's left you with a sense of "violation"? i hope they catch the thieving b******* that did it.
Yes I agree. My brothers house was broken into a year ago and he and his wife just didn't feel right there after that. He has now sold it. It's not about what is taken it's about the violation and not feelng safe in your own house.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY
Who in thier right mind would think there is no crime in Australia?
Plenty

Hope they find the gits. I have to ask, 3 watches?? Does he have any left?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:24 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that.

Where abouts are you in Australia ?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:30 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Plenty

Now he'll have a good excuse for being late

A bit naive to leave £1400 lying around
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=PeteY]Who in thier right mind would think there is no crime in Australia?[/QUOTE

READ THE TITLE.

We didn't say there was no crime.....you always get one clever b......d

lesley
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAY
Now he'll have a good excuse for being late

A bit naive to leave £1400 lying around
we didnt leave it lying around (it was hidden )thank you very much .... please tell me which bank in australia will let us keep sterling in it.......

we brought it because it was a last minute sale and we didnt change it because the rate was crap
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Very sorry to hear that. Make sure any passwords on your laptop are changed.

Where do you live? (The general area will do, not the full address & postcode).

varsity lakes
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hevs
Plenty

Is it a crime now....to have three watches (well actually he hasn'nt got any now)
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:42 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a crime now....to have three watches (well actually he hasn'nt got any now)

thats shit when it happens to you.............maybe they will catch somebody tryin to exchange the GBP into $......but suppose chances r slim.................excuse me for askin but where did u have the dosh hidden?? could it be somebody u know that has done this........cos usually when u hide money its in a daft place that an oportunist would not look!!!!!! if u get what I mean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.