Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If Pommie Bastard Could Sing - What Would He Sing?

If Pommie Bastard Could Sing - What Would He Sing?

Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Pommie Bastard Could Sing - What Would He Sing?

Talk of the devil......
Old Nov 24th 2004, 12:29 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
So did you used to have another username, or did you just read the posts on here without being registered?

I don't think Florida was the same as PB, but is strange he's gone too.
Hi Simone, I've only just recently come out of the closet!!!

How's it going at the moment and how long have you been in Perth? Has Pascal settled Ok too? I vaguely remember something about you wanting to get a puppy a while back (or am I getting confused and it was someone else!!). If it was you, did you eventually get one?

D D
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:10 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Simone, I've only just recently come out of the closet!!!

How's it going at the moment and how long have you been in Perth? Has Pascal settled Ok too? I vaguely remember something about you wanting to get a puppy a while back (or am I getting confused and it was someone else!!). If it was you, did you eventually get one?

D D
Hiya!

Been here 4 months now!
Yep, he's settled fine. Doesn't look like he's going to get homesick, but you never know... it's early days. His parents are coming 21st December for 4 weeks....
Yes, that was us wanting a puppy.... We'll have to stick to the original plan of getting one when we have kids, because I've got a fulltime job now, so even if the owners of this house say yes, we still couldn't.

So, are you close to getting a visa?(or do you already have it? Arghh! So many people on here, it's hard to keep track of everything/one!! )

Last edited by Simone; Nov 24th 2004 at 1:11 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya!

Been here 4 months now!
Yep, he's settled fine. Doesn't look like he's going to get homesick, but you never know... it's early days. His parents are coming 21st December for 4 weeks....
Yes, that was us wanting a puppy.... We'll have to stick to the original plan of getting one when we have kids, because I've got a fulltime job now, so even if the owners of this house say yes, we still couldn't.

So, are you close to getting a visa?(or do you already have it? Arghh! So many people on here, it's hard to keep track of everything/one!! )
Hi Simone, glad to hear all's well. Blimey,4 months! It really doesn't seem possible. I bet Pascal 's really looking to his parents coming over. Our 'puppy' is now 11 months old and was one of the best things we ever did. She's a constant form of amusement, love and naughtiness all rolled into one!!!

Well, we're about to submit MrDD's RPL. When that's passed we will then apply for the main visa. So we're looking to be in Melbourne this time next year. MIL is coming with us on our reccie in March and she's going to Perth to see her BIL for a week (he lives in Maylands). Actually she rang yesterday to say he's coming over here in December with 2 of his daughters for a visit. Can't wait to meet him.

Take care

D D xx
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm....song for PB...."Unforgettable, thats what you are........"
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Simone, glad to hear all's well. Blimey,4 months! It really doesn't seem possible. I bet Pascal 's really looking to his parents coming over. Our 'puppy' is now 11 months old and was one of the best things we ever did. She's a constant form of amusement, love and naughtiness all rolled into one!!!

Well, we're about to submit MrDD's RPL. When that's passed we will then apply for the main visa. So we're looking to be in Melbourne this time next year. MIL is coming with us on our reccie in March and she's going to Perth to see her BIL for a week (he lives in Maylands). Actually she rang yesterday to say he's coming over here in December with 2 of his daughters for a visit. Can't wait to meet him.

Take care

D D xx
Ah, you've got a lot of work still to do then! Well, I hope you sort of enjoy it at least
And you've got a reccie to look forward to!
Good luck!

Polly, it's true! Whenever I'm in Joondalup(actually, never been in it, only driven through it....) I think of PB!
And have you seen Larissa's signature?
Pommie Bastard was right.... Perth *is* a sandpit!
Bring ya bucket and spade guys!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, it's true! Whenever I'm in Joondalup(actually, never been in it, only driven through it....) I think of PB!
And have you seen Larissa's signature?

He wasn't in Joondalup was he? Wow, just think, I could be walking in Pommie Bastard's footsteps!
BTW A lot of things he said (esp. about Perth) are true, it just depends on whether that matters to you or not. I was definately more prepared for what I found in Perth, having read his posts. I was also a lurker at the time!

What has happened to Meglania? I don't think he/she has posted since September. Come back Meg!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

A song for Pommie (I really should find something better to do with my time )
I've still got sand in my shoes
And I can't shake the thought of you
I shake it all, forget you
Why, why would I want to
I know we said goodbye
Anything else would've been confused but I wanna see you again

Tomorrow's back to work down to sanitation
should've run back ?? before I left here
Try to Mama show her that I was happy here
Before I knew that I could get on the plane and fly away
From the road where the cars never stop going through the night
To real life where I can't watch sunset
And take my time
Take up our time

Awwww what a legend!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:17 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa

What has happened to Meglania? I don't think he/she has posted since September. Come back Meg!
There is a rumour that Meg has been transformed into Quinkana.......
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is a rumour that Meg has been transformed into Quinkana.......
Yes, I am a spreader of that rumour
He's not on here us much as he was though, which is a shame!

Larissa, I see you joined up just when PB was leaving.
I was a little earlier, but didn't post much back then.

Yep, lots of truths.
I always thought Joondalup was far away anyway!
Now, I think it's quite close actually, compared to Butler etc!
But still a bit far if you have to work in the city, or want to go out a lot etc.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: If Pommie Bastard Could Sing - What Would He Sing?

Originally Posted by Larissa
He wasn't in Joondalup was he? Wow, just think, I could be walking in Pommie Bastard's footsteps! ...
Hey Larissa

PB was a regular in 'The Old Bailey' - maybe you are following his footsteps?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

As its a little quiet round here tonight, I went browsing on a !!shock horror!!! rival forum.......and came up with this little gem of a link.......
for all those who wondered where PB went, looks like he crossed the Tasman.........read the first post carefully

http://www.*****.co.uk/chat/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5557