Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If the bombers come calling are we safe.?

If the bombers come calling are we safe.?

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:12 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation If the bombers come calling are we safe.?

I haven't noticed any particular increase in security around Sydney following the London outrage, forget the whys ifs and wheres, same as London knew it would happen, is Australia ready and prepared.............

with so many iconic buildings etc in Sydney I don't feel that happy right now I don't really see any signs of anti-terrorist measures being displayed by the authorities.

I hope that eveyone isn't blaze enough to think it wouldn't or couldn't happen here..........
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: If the bombers come calling are we safe.?

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
I haven't noticed any particular increase in security around Sydney following the London outrage, forget the whys ifs and wheres, same as London knew it would happen, is Australia ready and prepared.............

with so many iconic buildings etc in Sydney I don't feel that happy right now I don't really see any signs of anti-terrorist measures being displayed by the authorities.

I hope that eveyone isn't blaze enough to think it wouldn't or couldn't happen here..........
Dunno about the buildings but I've seen alot more coppers lurking around on the trains.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:32 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stu.E
Dunno about the buildings but I've seen alot more coppers lurking around on the trains.
are they police or just the men in grey.....................
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:40 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

What type of anti-terrorist measures would you like to see displayed?

If someone decides to strap explosives to themselves and blow themselves and all around them to bits i don't see how they can easily be stopped.

It's a sad world when we don't feel safe in our own cities

Lynn
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
are they police or just the men in grey.....................
Mixture of both mostly.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
What type of anti-terrorist measures would you like to see displayed?

Lynn
Did you see on TV the fridge magnet campaign is to be revived

I'd like to see better security at regional airports. Again this morning partner rocked up for a flight, the usual 2 bags checked in neither were even looked at :scared: