Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IELTS is a month enough

IELTS is a month enough

Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

sean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nicesean bassett is just really nice
Default IELTS is a month enough

hi
doh just realised ive got to sit my ielts to register with WA for my nursing registration , my question is
is a month enough to study for it and pass???
sean
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS is a month enough

Originally Posted by sean bassett View Post
hi
doh just realised ive got to sit my ielts to register with WA for my nursing registration , my question is
sean
Yes, more than enough if you're a native English speaker as I assume you are. Download the IELTS material from the internet and work on all four sections.

There are loads of threads on here about IELTS. Search is you friend.

Good luck!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean bassett View Post
my question is
I always find it funny when I hear about native English speakers failing the IELTS. How can a native English speaker officially not speak English. They must be illiterate.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:58 am
Just Joined

chris and tracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth View Post
I always find it funny when I hear about native English speakers failing the IELTS. How can a native English speaker officially not speak English. They must be illiterate.
I can't imagine how a native English speaker would actually go about studying for the IELTS test? Seriously, if you read the instructions and stay calm you'll be fine.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

For nursing it is the academic IELTS that you need to do, not the general, so it can be difficult for native English speakers... the texts for the reading are proper academic articles which can be down right boring to read, especially if you aren't used to reading this type of thing, with tricky questions if you haven't previously looked at the format. The speaking part is easy, as is the listening if you keep focused.

I think the main thing is to get some study books and look at some online IELTS resources, familiarise yourself with the type of questions and do some practice tests. Only you will know how much you need - I worked on mine a couple of nights a week for 6 weeks before the exam as it was 8 years since I had done a sit down exam, and the only academic articles I had read were ones that were relevant to my area of practice and therefore interesting to me! Once you have done a few practice tests you will know if you need to study more or not, sorry there are no set rules for how long is enough... for you!