Juz wondering someone can advise how is the band calculation for each
test

For Eg: if I get 28 marks out of 40 questions in Reading or
Listening, will that be calculated as
28/40*9=6.3 (band 6) or
28/40*10=7 (band 7)?
Old Jan 4th 2003, 1:00 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ielts

Not sure how IELTS scores their tests, so I can't help you there. However, isn't it the case that you'll find out anyway in a matter of a few weeks perhaps?

I'm not sure how many people here have taken the IELTS, as most Brits do not need to show evidence of English language proficiency.

Let us know anyway if you do find out how it works.

Peter

Originally posted by TomJ
Juz wondering someone can advise how is the band calculation for each test

For Eg: if I get 28 marks out of 40 questions in Reading or
Listening, will that be calculated as
28/40*9=6.3 (band 6) or
28/40*10=7 (band 7)?
Old Jan 4th 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

I've taken it twice and I have no clue what I got wrong or right each time... The test is all so fast, and the first time I was just busy trying not to have a laugh attack at the fake American accent on the listening (it was clearly a British person trying to sound American...)

Anyway, they gave me the results 3 days after it.

Also, I have taken tons of EFL tests cause I teach EFL here and the IELTS was by far the easiest of them - easier than the Oxford, the Cambridge, the old paper-based TOEFL, and sooo much easier than the new computer-based TOEFL and the Michigan that it is not even in the same league. I wouldn't worry.

Out of the 4 sections, the one that is the hardest (as compared to the others, not that it is actually hard) is the Reading. It seemed to be on a slightly harder level than the writing, listening and oral, both times.

Hope that helps.