Wikiposts

Identity Theft

Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by booboo
Didnt know what was happening yesterday till wwb told me about an imposter type of thing going on.

Im not too brainy with computers but should we /can we change our passwords or something to protect our selves from this happening again. I quite often just skim through a few posts and wouldnt see if someone had used my id for a false thread or post.

cheers
booboo
Yes my experience suggests

OzTennis

P.S. The thought occurs that the sad, pathetic, gutless individual who does this type of thing is actually enjoying reading all this
Old Nov 11th 2003, 12:15 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

okokok... back by popular demand it seems....

i'll work on the peter perfect just for you penelope.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 12:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
okokok... back by popular demand it seems....

i'll work on the peter perfect just for you penelope.

HURRAY!!!
CUTE GREEN BABY'S BACK!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 12:22 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
HURRAY!!!
CUTE GREEN BABY'S BACK!!!!

CUTE? hehe ok

(strange people on this board.. )
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:21 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tennisoz
Thanks everyone for the replies and the justifiable concern. I have reported the errant 'Gay Australia' post to the moderator and await his/her advice.
Apologies for the extremely late response.

I keep telling everyone - there is a difference between a moderator and the administrator. I'm a moderator, but I'm not the administrator. Tracing these things require administrator privileges, which I personally do not have, but I have liased with the administrator (also the big boss of this entire site) to do the needful.

You can run, but you cannot hide. Will get back to you on this one soon, the real TennisOz.

Peter
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
Apologies for the extremely late response.

I keep telling everyone - there is a difference between a moderator and the administrator. I'm a moderator, but I'm not the administrator. Tracing these things require administrator privileges, which I personally do not have, but I have liased with the administrator (also the big boss of this entire site) to do the needful.

You can run, but you cannot hide. Will get back to you on this one soon, the real TennisOz.

Peter
Peter

Thanks very much for your assistance which is much appreciated and hopefully you will be able to track down the culprit(s). This may also act as a deterrent to others who may choose, for whatever reason, to spoil what is a fantastic resource for a lot of people. I know I speak for the overwhelming majority of decent users of the forum on this. Like a lot of things in life, a few idiots can spoil it for the rest.

Thanks again,

OzTennis
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:33 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Thanks very much for your assistance which is much appreciated and hopefully you will be able to track down the culprit(s). This may also act as a deterrent to others who may choose, for whatever reason, to spoil what is a fantastic resource for a lot of people. I know I speak for the overwhelming majority of decent users of the forum on this. Like a lot of things in life, a few idiots can spoil it for the rest.
OzTennis,

Paul (the admin) and I have narrowed our search to a few suspects. I would quietly urge the culprit to send OzTennis a PM to apologize, and to also send a copy of the apology to me. If Paul and I find out who he/she is before we receive the apology, you won't get the chance to apologize.

Peter
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis,

Paul (the admin) and I have narrowed our search to a few suspects. I would quietly urge the culprit to send OzTennis a PM to apologize, and to also send a copy of the apology to me. If Paul and I find out who he/she is before we receive the apology, you won't get the chance to apologize.

Peter
Thanks again Peter.

OzTennis
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:44 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

OzTennis,

Peter
On the brighter side of this all, (now perhaps the dust has settled from last night), this is becoming really intriguing and I am sat here with my popcorn waiting for the next instalment.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Jirrupin
On the brighter side of this all, (now perhaps the dust has settled from last night), this is becoming really intriguing and I am sat here with my popcorn waiting for the next instalment.
Lol same here

Keen to find out who has been a naughty boy/girl
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:51 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by PeteY
Lol same here

yup me also. wonder if we'll find out or will it be kept private? also if they do find out, what'll happen to them??

public floggin?

we can only hope.

Leigh
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:51 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Lol same here

Do you think we will get to know though, I mean if Mr/Ms XXX apologise, I guess they will get to keep there anonymity, if they don't apologise maybe they will have their email blocked but still not named and shamed in public.

I don't know if you can actually block an IP address, to stop them signing on again. But even though everything was crazy last night, it has turned out to be very intriguing and beats talking about the weather which has incidentally been 40c today
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:56 am
Badge

Ok I've just changed my password as it was "Fair Dinkum!!!"

If someone posts an opionated, narrow-minded post, negative then you'll know it's me...

("So what's changed!?", I hear you cry)

badge

Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:59 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Do you think we will get to know though, I mean if Mr/Ms XXX apologise, I guess they will get to keep there anonymity, if they don't apologise maybe they will have their email blocked but still not named and shamed in public.

I don't know if you can actually block an IP address, to stop them signing on again. But even though everything was crazy last night, it has turned out to be very intriguing and beats talking about the weather which has incidentally been 40c today

unless their IP address is static then i don't think they will be able to do much in that respect, even then a static IP can be changed easy enough.

I would have thought, if someone is going to do this sort of thing, then they will have withheld any information which would name them.... i presume.

interesting to see what happens though... eeee it's like something off eastenders (haha) sorry couldn't resist.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by scutterUK
unless their IP address is static then i don't think they will be able to do much in that respect, even then a static IP can be changed easy enough.

I would have thought, if someone is going to do this sort of thing, then they will have withheld any information which would name them.... i presume.

interesting to see what happens though... eeee it's like something off eastenders (haha) sorry couldn't resist.
Yeah, will be interesting to see what happens. Closer to your home it could 'appen on Emmerdale too

No apology by PM 'as we speak' but culprit(s) could be tucked up in bed in a different time zone

OzTennis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.