Wikiposts

Identity Theft

Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:04 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

OzTennis formerley known as TennisOz can you not click on forgot password enter your email address and you will then be sent a link to change the password.

Even if you dont use old ID again its best for you to have control of it.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:14 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think this is the first time this has happened - I reported to the moderator a post on one of the forums about a nazi-australia post that took you to their web page...Im certain that was someone using someone elses name because at the time I thought it was odd that the person had made such a blatantly pro-nazi link.
Bunch of T##ts if you ask me.

Sue
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jirrupin
OzTennis formerley known as TennisOz can you not click on forgot password enter your email address and you will then be sent a link to change the password.

Even if you dont use old ID again its best for you to have control of it.
Thanks for that. This doesn't work because the GB effectively now has control over TennisOz by changing the password. I can't guess what he/she (see I'm not sexist and suggest it is a he
) has set as the new password so I had to re-register under a new name. If I spot TennisOz being used anymore (or anyone else for that matter) just report it to the moderator.

OzTennis - (the GB will never guess my new password )
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:17 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Thanks for that. This doesn't work because the GB effectively now has control over TennisOz by changing the password. I can't guess what he/she (see I'm not sexist and suggest it is a he
) has set as the new password so I had to re-register under a new name. If I spot TennisOz being used anymore (or anyone else for that matter) just report it to the moderator.

OzTennis - (the GB will never guess my new password )
#

If you look under the member list there isnt a TennisOz, only tennisoz!! your shadow has been eliminated!!!!!!!

Sue

hang on a minute Im confused now (I know, I know!) were you a capital T or lower case t!?!?

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Nov 10th 2003 at 2:19 am.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:17 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

okay, you've got me too curious now!

as much as I don't want to give this person the satisfaction, could someone just give me a general idea of what this idiot was saying? Obviously don't repeat the details, but this is worse than the Prince Charles thing!

anti-gay rubbish I presume?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oz
Maybe he has got a passowrd cracker. I think that you can buy these as my devious Brother in law was secretly checking my sisters emails and now they are getting divorced he is trying to use them against her.

How some people stoop so low is beyond me.

Debs
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

OZTennis-is your mail a/c ok?(the one you were using)just to make sure they are not going to be using it
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

was your password a very obvious one? should we all be thinking about changing them?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:21 am
Badge

Default Re: Identity Theft

I thought your 'attack' on WBB was a bit out of character!!!

Badge

Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:23 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont understand because unless they changed your registered email address you only have to enter your email address and it will send you your username and a link to reset your password so you dont need old one.

You will get this message

Your password has now been reset and emailed to you. Please check your email to find your new password. To change your password,
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:28 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

it is a worry to know someone is out there assuming our identities and giving us all a bad name. Oztennis, do you have an idea how they did it? was it just through an easy to guess password?

If anyone suspects this is happening to anyone else, maybe it's worth just creating a thread and making them aware! Obviously a PM wouldn't work if their identity has been hijacked.

If you ever see anyone using mine let me know. You'll spot them a mile off, they'll be the ones sounding intelligent, being funny and spelling correctly. report them immediately!

stick together people. they're out there and they tend to multiply!

Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:31 am

Originally posted by scutterUK
it is a worry to know someone is out there assuming our identities and giving us all a bad name. Oztennis, do you have an idea how they did it? was it just through an easy to guess password?

If anyone suspects this is happening to anyone else, maybe it's worth just creating a thread and making them aware! Obviously a PM wouldn't work if their identity has been hijacked.

If you ever see anyone using mine let me know. You'll spot them a mile off, they'll be the ones sounding intelligent, being funny and spelling correctly. report them immediately!

stick together people. they're out there and they tend to multiply!

But how do we know its you Scutter!!!!? Youve gone and changed your avatar!?!! (bring back the old one!!)
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
#

If you look under the member list there isnt a TennisOz, only tennisoz!! your shadow has been eliminated!!!!!!!

Sue

hang on a minute Im confused now (I know, I know!) were you a capital T or lower case t!?!?
Usernames aren't case sensitive so TennisOz = tennisoz = Tennisoz etc. Everytime I tried to re-register using variations (even tennisoz2 etc) it said there was already a user by this name. Then when I chose a different name and my current email address it told me I had to use a different email address as that was already used. Anyway, I have a new username and another email address I have access to.

OzTennis
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:46 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
But how do we know its you Scutter!!!!? Youve gone and changed your avatar!?!! (bring back the old one!!)
lol.... i'd forgotten about that! It's mee! sea i kan spoll and tipe as bod as yousule.

...i was thinking it wasn't as amusing as babyhulk....

i'll think about it.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:55 am
WBB

Default Re: Identity Theft

Originally posted by tennisoz
Some gutless bastard just made a post in a thread using my name. I suppose it is a case of correctly guessing my password and logging on. As a result I am going to re-register under a different name and with a less transparent password. So if anyone else purports to be TennisOz from now on you will know they are the aforementioned gutless bastard.

Last post as TennisOz

that explains a few thing's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.