Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ideas where to stay on our reccie..

Ideas where to stay on our reccie..

Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Ideas where to stay on our reccie..

Hi we are going to Brisbane/gold coast for a reccie in March and wonder if anyone can suggest reasonable priced self catering appartments in the gold coast area.
Having a stop of in Hong Kong so again any recommendations of a hotel near the airport but also near suitable activities for us with one child aged 9.
Many Thanks
Claire
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

inOz2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ideas where to stay on our reccie..

Not sure if this constitutes "advertising" on my part or whether I am breaking the BE etiquette (that is not my intent - just giving a pointer) but try stayz.com.au (the moderators may delete this note if it is deemed so!)

Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi we are going to Brisbane/gold coast for a reccie in March and wonder if anyone can suggest reasonable priced self catering appartments in the gold coast area.
Having a stop of in Hong Kong so again any recommendations of a hotel near the airport but also near suitable activities for us with one child aged 9.
Many Thanks
Claire
we have a 2 bed beach apartment that is available in March - it's at Broadbeach, follow the link below or pm me

cheers

Mark
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hunt66
Many Thanks
Claire
Cant give you any advice on Gold Coast, but check out Hong Kong Disney, my bro in law and his family stayed there in May when they flew to Oz, apparently not far from airport and accomadation in reasonable, they told us it was cheaper than most other places, there is a disney village just outside the main park with a few bit and bobs to do if you dont want to pay to go into the park, but I would highly reccommend it, when we eventually go, we are taking our 3 year old (that what im telling people anyway ) I dont think you are ever too old for Disney! I was at Disney Paris 4 years ago and loved it.

Gillian
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:53 am
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

In the Gold Coast we stayed at Treasure Island holiday park in a lovely wooden cabin (they call them villa's). They were furnished lovely...lcd tv's, dvd player, cooker, microwave etc and nice and modern and clean.
The park itself was great for the kids with loads to do, mini golf, jumping pillow, 3 pools etc and an on site licensed restaurant and bar that was reasonably priced.
The park is not too far from surfers and close to some beaches and all the theme parks.
It was cheap too.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:09 am
Just Joined

charliegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a few websites you can try out for good prices.
There's one called lastminute.com There's another called wotif.com

They all have pictures and information about the accommodation on offer.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by inOz2008
Not sure if this constitutes "advertising" on my part or whether I am breaking the BE etiquette (that is not my intent - just giving a pointer) but try stayz.com.au (the moderators may delete this note if it is deemed so!)

Good luck
Thanks for the link, we are going to check it out
Claire
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markandgill
Cant give you any advice on Gold Coast, but check out Hong Kong Disney, my bro in law and his family stayed there in May when they flew to Oz, apparently not far from airport and accomadation in reasonable, they told us it was cheaper than most other places, there is a disney village just outside the main park with a few bit and bobs to do if you dont want to pay to go into the park, but I would highly reccommend it, when we eventually go, we are taking our 3 year old (that what im telling people anyway ) I dont think you are ever too old for Disney! I was at Disney Paris 4 years ago and loved it.

Gillian
Thanks for that, Disney sounds good fun we did Florida a few years back and all enjoyed it.
Claire
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doub
we have a 2 bed beach apartment that is available in March - it's at Broadbeach, follow the link below or pm me

cheers

Mark
Your place looks great we will keep it in mind.
Thanks Claire