Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ideas on timescales

Ideas on timescales

Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Ideas on timescales

Hi there

Can anybody advise on timescales - currently waiting on skills assessment - but assuming and hoping that's ok, how long once agency have submitted application - it's for sponsored desingated area?

Cheers
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ideas on timescales

Originally posted by JayneS
Hi there

Can anybody advise on timescales - currently waiting on skills assessment - but assuming and hoping that's ok, how long once agency have submitted application - it's for sponsored desingated area?

Cheers
Hi Jayne, wlecome, new here meself.

We're skilled sponsored designated area (apparently!) and have just had positive from VETASSESS re: my skills.

So, Agent has advised that processing will be between 1 and 3 months, don't know how true/accurate that is, plus of course you've got medicals, assurance of support bond to lodge, wait for the "go" letter and then send your passports to London or something to get the Visa put in them!

Hope this helps! It certainly helped me cos all I'd read on Migration Agency websites was that it took between 12 and 20 months!

Andy.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Andy - thanks - that's a great help. I'd read 18 months and seeing as it has taken me about a year to prepare the skills assessment I could see the whole process taking years!!!

Cheesr.

Originally posted by cadman
Hi Jayne, wlecome, new here meself.

We're skilled sponsored designated area (apparently!) and have just had positive from VETASSESS re: my skills.

So, Agent has advised that processing will be between 1 and 3 months, don't know how true/accurate that is, plus of course you've got medicals, assurance of support bond to lodge, wait for the "go" letter and then send your passports to London or something to get the Visa put in them!

Hope this helps! It certainly helped me cos all I'd read on Migration Agency websites was that it took between 12 and 20 months!

Andy.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Is the processing time you have given in relation to your skills assessment? or visa?

If its visa its incorrect unless its a front loaded spouse application.

Visas tend to be 12 months or more - when it was less than that it has been for priority applications e.g. nurses or when DIMIA were trying to fulfil their quota towards end of June/July 03.

If Im wrong I apologise.

Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We applied March 2001, still waiting! Bond was sent beginning of july, so we know its in the pipeline just wish the blinking visa would land on the doorstep!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

There doesn't seem to be any consisentcy. The agency told us 4/6 months, the gov website 18 months and other people we have spoken to between 1 month and 2 years!!!
Oh well suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:41 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JayneS
Hi there

Cheers
Check out

http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp

You can get a good idea of times here