Ideas please

Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ideas please

We recieved our Bond request on 21/06/04, faxed the paperwork the very next day, sent the original docs 2 days later.
Queensland have advised us that they have sent the 1134 to our case officer. This was done 2 weeks ago.

We have had to move out of our house. Had an offer on the property we couldnt refuse. Cash buyer.
We have managed to obtain short term accomadation. (very diificult in the summer, down here on the south coast).

But and a very BIG but. We HAVE to be out by 30/08/04.:scared:

Do you all think we will have our visa by then. Just spoke to my agent, who says Adelaide has `slowed down`

We were looking at flying on 27/08/04. Or are we being too optimistic???????????
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandra

Between our bond being lodged and the visa being granted it took about a month. Can you ask your agent to check with you CO that all the relevent paperwork is there?

I must admit that part of the process was the worst for us and we are still in our house as we will valdiate first.

Everything crossed that Adelaide get in touch real soon

footie xx
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Footie,

agent stated `cant advise of timescales`..........you will hear when they are ready!!!!

Really need one of the agents that browse to guide me here.
Kids have no school places for September...........but worst of all we will be homeless!!!

I know that it is not advisable to sell your property before the arrival of your visa, but in these turbulant `house selling` days, beggers cant be chooses.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Have just had word taht we exchanged contracts today. Complete Friday (yep, this Friday)

Cant get any time off work at all, so we all have to vacate Thursday evening.
Shit.....It has really hit me now!!!:scared:

If only our visa would turn up, then we could book our flights.
Were looking at 27/08, Tobys birthday. However the flight we were interested in is now fully booked.

Whats ya views on booking flights without visas. Do you think they will be here soon??????
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Have just had word taht we exchanged contracts today. Complete Friday (yep, this Friday)

Cant get any time off work at all, so we all have to vacate Thursday evening.
Shit.....It has really hit me now!!!:scared:

If only our visa would turn up, then we could book our flights.
Were looking at 27/08, Tobys birthday. However the flight we were interested in is now fully booked.

Whats ya views on booking flights without visas. Do you think they will be here soon??????
Hi Sandra
I hope that you get your visa soon. Ours took just over three weeks after we lodged the bond.

I am sure that yours will be there soon.

good luck
debs
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I know that it is not advisable to sell your property before the arrival of your visa, but in these turbulant `house selling` days, beggers cant be chooses.
I don't blame ya. You're absolutely right to flog the house while you have an offer.
Can't offer any advice but I hope it all goes to plan! From the 'got it's on here over the past few months, I think you should be OK but .....
Old Jul 28th 2004, 5:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ideas please

We recieved our Bond request on 21/06/04, faxed the paperwork the very next day, sent the original docs 2 days later.
Queensland have advised us that they have sent the 1134 to our case officer. This was done 2 weeks ago.

We have had to move out of our house. Had an offer on the property we couldnt refuse. Cash buyer.
We have managed to obtain short term accomadation. (very diificult in the summer, down here on the south coast).

But and a very BIG but. We HAVE to be out by 30/08/04.:scared:

Do you all think we will have our visa by then. Just spoke to my agent, who says Adelaide has `slowed down`

We were looking at flying on 27/08/04. Or are we being too optimistic???????????
Hi Sandra

We are pretty much in the same boat as you. Sold our house but no visa yet, I know wrong way to do it and I agree beggars can't be choosers in this housing market.

Looks like your caught up in the new rule changes. I don't think it's a case of Adelaide slowing down I think it's more a case of them being snowed under with work having to turn around new applicants (post July 1st) more or less straight away. Don't know what priority pre 1st July applicants have at the mo. Limbo land.

I hope you hear soon, we've resigned ourselves to another delay of between 4 and 8 weeks. We were expecting our visas in July. We are skilled sponsored, just awaiting our assuror to be passed by Centrelink even thou he has lodged the $5k bond.

I would hold off the flight booking I would say that is a def gamble.

Good luck

Walla
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:04 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Ideas please

That's a helluva question S Olfield!

I haven't read the replies you've got, but I really don't see how anyone can give you an honest answer.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

We will just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Move out Thursday evening (completion Friday 12 noon, but will be at work)

Last day at work Friday..................No computer until ?????????????
Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:44 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't risk booking your flights without having the visa. A lot of money to risk if it isn't with you in time. Fingers crossed for you. You can always find temp accommodation if you need to ok may cost but it surely would be cheaper than flights for a family down the drain with no visa.

To get a flight flexible on the outward date will cost mega $'s pounds!

Jo
Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:46 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Sandra

Its really a difficult one, did you get my email???? The reason ours took longer (apparently) was because I was region 4 due to my dual nationality (NZ). Region 3 seems to be going through VERY quickly. Do you really want the pressure of booking and not receiving visas, it really was awful for me.

I reckon you will hear in time, hold off a little longer.

Love Lisa xx
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:39 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

daft question, is S oldfield and SJ oldfield by any chance same person, or 2 forum members in a parallel universe??

We lodged bond 2 weeks ago, havent had anything thru and we are getting, anxious !
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
daft question, is S oldfield and SJ oldfield by any chance same person, or 2 forum members in a parallel universe??

Yep same person.

One at work, one at home. Dont ask why I registered twice
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Hi there Sandra

Its really a difficult one, did you get my email???? The reason ours took longer (apparently) was because I was region 4 due to my dual nationality (NZ). Region 3 seems to be going through VERY quickly. Do you really want the pressure of booking and not receiving visas, it really was awful for me.

I reckon you will hear in time, hold off a little longer.

Love Lisa xx

Lisa..........got email. Flights are still available.
Will check again next week.

Are ya still feeling stressed?????????
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sandra

I don't think I would risk booking flights just yet, at least until your agents have heard something more concrete, it would be terrible if you booked them and didn't get your visa in time. As for looking for somewhere to stay, I kow exactly how you feel we could be in the same boat soon, living by the coast in Devon, mid summer, not only is there not much about, what there is costs a Bl**** fortune.

Not very helpful I know but am thinking of you.

Lindsey