Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Iceburg Lettuce!!!

Wikiposts

Iceburg Lettuce!!!

Old May 18th 2004, 5:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Iceburg Lettuce!!!

97, yes, 97 cents today, at Bilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2004, 5:18 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Iceburg Lettuce!!!

Originally posted by hevs
97, yes, 97 cents today, at Bilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haven't checked my bilo recently... I bet they are not 97p here with me .. cheapest I've seen is $1.25 in woolworths one evening.. then they (the same shop) put them up to $1.98 a couple of days later!... they are messing with our minds!

Keep away from the lettuce - they are evil I tells youse.. they will lure your in with a one off cheap price... then you're hooked, you've got the taste .. and soon end up buying them for $2.99!
Old May 18th 2004, 5:44 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I saw them in Woolies at 98c recently! BAck up to $1.48 now though. I'll pay up to $2 but don't want to see those days of $3.98 again!

What canyou substitue for a lettuce? A cucmber isn't really the same.
Old May 18th 2004, 5:49 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jayr
I saw them in Woolies at 98c recently! BAck up to $1.48 now though. I'll pay up to $2 but don't want to see those days of $3.98 again!

Spinach and cabbage, maybe?
Old May 18th 2004, 5:49 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally posted by jayr

Cabbage. According to Don.
http://67.15.12.206/forum/showthread...hlight=cabbage
Old May 18th 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

My local greengrocer sells a beautiful, crunchy Cos lettuce for 98c EVERY WEEK. It is lovely rinsed, ripped up, with Newmans Ranch dressing, croutons, chicken and some grated Tasty cheese on top - a perfect Caesar salad. Yum, yum
Old May 18th 2004, 6:56 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tinaj
My local greengrocer sells a beautiful, crunchy Cos lettuce for 98c EVERY WEEK. It is lovely rinsed, ripped up, with Newmans Ranch dressing, croutons, chicken and some grated Tasty cheese on top - a perfect Caesar salad. Yum, yum
They call Cos lettuce Romaine lettuce here in the States. Had me a bit confused there for a second.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:08 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a little gem!
Old May 18th 2004, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, didn't see this thread till i got back from Bilo!! Will have to go tomorrow as well, oh the excitement of my new life!!

P S They are 9 cents each out Gatton way
Old May 18th 2004, 10:03 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Ceri
Keep away from the lettuce - they are evil I tells youse.. they will lure your in with a one off cheap price... then you're hooked, you've got the taste .. and soon end up buying them for $2.99!
And having to dispose of the nasty outer leaves discreetly in the official leaf-disposal bins in the public loos.

Then before you know it lettuce just can't give you the same thrill and you're onto the really hard stuff like radicchio and rocket. You don't want to know how much they cost!

Mark

P.S. Actually ironically enough there is a narcotic substance in lettuce, but as with nutmeg you would have to eat more than enough to make you sick before you got much of an effect.
Old May 18th 2004, 10:07 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOO sounds lovely!!! what time did you say to come over for dinner?
Old May 18th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
And having to dispose of the nasty outer leaves discreetly in the official leaf-disposal bins in the public loos.

Then before you know it lettuce just can't give you the same thrill and you're onto the really hard stuff like radicchio and rocket. You don't want to know how much they cost!

Mark

P.S. Actually ironically enough there is a narcotic substance in lettuce, but as with nutmeg you would have to eat more than enough to make you sick before you got much of an effect.
Tried nutmeg tea (as a student), very strange. :scared:
Old May 18th 2004, 10:53 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords

Polly 9 cents!!!

My god, buy some and them sell them on for 50 cents outside wollies
Old May 18th 2004, 11:01 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Larissa
Tried nutmeg tea (as a student), very strange. :scared:
Yeah we did that, too. And the toasting banana skins on the light bulbs one too. Didn't work, unless combined with copious amounts of Vodka & some valium nicked from my best mate's Mom's handbag.

Eeeewwwww...

Anya.
Old May 18th 2004, 11:09 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

how about growing your own ????????????

$2.99 for a tray of 8 seedlings (still doesnt beat polly's price) or $4.35 for a packet of seeds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.