British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ice cube bags (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ice-cube-bags-302931/)

flip May 14th 2005 4:50 pm

ice cube bags

Hi

I'm on a roll with silly questions at the minute but can someone tell me whether you can buy ice cube bags easily over there?

Thanks

Carolyn

markeh May 14th 2005 8:13 pm

Re: ice cube bags

Originally Posted by flip
Hi

I'm on a roll with silly questions at the minute but can someone tell me whether you can buy ice cube bags easily over there?

Thanks

Carolyn

I bet you can!

Bye
Mark

Widdi May 14th 2005 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by markeh
I bet you can!

Bye
Mark

You can buy them everywhere! - shops, service stations, even automated ice machines.

We bough 1 a day for our esky and never ad trouble finding ice anywhere.

You can even get blocks. About the size of a breeze block - lasts long time!! :cool:

Jonahs_mummy May 14th 2005 8:21 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Hi

Thanks

Carolyn

Here you go - Gladwrap Ice Cube Bags -
enough bags to make nearly 200 ice cubes!

Woolworths Supermarket $2.62
Coles $2.57

flip May 14th 2005 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Here you go - Gladwrap Ice Cube Bags -
enough bags to make nearly 200 ice cubes!

Woolworths Supermarket $2.62
Coles $2.57

Thanks - no idea what silly questions are going to spring to mind next. Two weeks till the packers come - I'll never be ready.

lel_smiff May 14th 2005 9:24 pm

Ha ha - i'm in exactly the same boat as you. Packers due on 25th so frantically deciding what to take, chuck or donate! I was looking at the ice bags in my drawer earlier today! :D

I reckon we'll still unpack when it arrives in umpteen months time and still wonder why on earth I decided to move a whole load of irrelevant junk considering I've chucked so much out! :rolleyes:

Oh well, back to cleaning and binning...

Jonahs_mummy May 14th 2005 9:43 pm

Thanks - no idea what silly questions are going to spring to mind next. Two weeks till the packers come - I'll never be ready.

I am sure it will all come together! ;o)
Best of luck with your new life!

Claire
xxx

toocheeky May 14th 2005 9:52 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Gosh, dont ya just love those things, lol! :D
Whoever invented 'em Ill buy em a :beer:

Karen

Hi

Thanks

Carolyn

Geordie George May 15th 2005 12:07 am

Top tip: Clear your notice board! Don't know what we were thinking in bringing take away menus for the local curry house with us ... :o :D

Too much to sort out, too little time.

GG

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Ha ha - i'm in exactly the same boat as you. Packers due on 25th so frantically deciding what to take, chuck or donate! I was looking at the ice bags in my drawer earlier today! :D

I reckon we'll still unpack when it arrives in umpteen months time and still wonder why on earth I decided to move a whole load of irrelevant junk considering I've chucked so much out! :rolleyes:

Oh well, back to cleaning and binning...

Pollyana May 15th 2005 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Top tip: Clear your notice board! Don't know what we were thinking in bringing take away menus for the local curry house with us ... :o :D

Too much to sort out, too little time.

GG

Nostalgia value?? :D

Geordie George May 15th 2005 1:44 am

The amount of custom that we put their way, I might yet be able to convince them to deliver still! :D :D

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nostalgia value?? :D

JayDeee May 15th 2005 5:45 am

You can buy Ice already made in every servo, deli, bottle shop, supermarket etc etc, the bags are about 3 times the size of the bags they do in Tesco and cost between $2.50 and $4, why on earth would you want to bother making it yourself?

Kala

flip May 15th 2005 8:43 am

Originally Posted by JayDeee
You can buy Ice already made in every servo, deli, bottle shop, supermarket etc etc, the bags are about 3 times the size of the bags they do in Tesco and cost between $2.50 and $4, why on earth would you want to bother making it yourself?

Kala

Too lazy to walk to the shop?

ABCDiamond May 15th 2005 9:21 am

Too lazy to walk to the shop?

The bags are too big to fit in the freezer ?

tiredwithtwins May 15th 2005 9:52 am

lmao at these two!!

Don't know what we were thinking in bringing take away menus for the local curry house with us ...
- I brought several take away menus and beermats home with me from aus when i was last there.... :rolleyes:

The bags are too big to fit in the freezer ?
- we have this problem in the uk!!! made the mistake of buying some of those funny shaped ice cube trays for the kids, and ended up with a chest freezer full of em!

:D :D :D