Iban Code

Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iban Code

Anybody out there who can answer me - what an IBAN code is?

My son in UK is just about to transfer funds from UK bank to his CBA over here and the form is online and it is asking him for his ABAn Code!!!

Please respond quickly if you can help - otherwise I will have to phone the bloody bank up and go through the series of press 42# press 5 - press 83# etc...

Sarah
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iban Code

Originally Posted by sasbear
Anybody out there who can answer me - what an IBAN code is?

My son in UK is just about to transfer funds from UK bank to his CBA over here and the form is online and it is asking him for his ABAn Code!!!

Please respond quickly if you can help - otherwise I will have to phone the bloody bank up and go through the series of press 42# press 5 - press 83# etc...

Sarah
Ozzie equiv of sort code
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Ozzie equiv of sort code
Many thanks for the speedy response !
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:06 pm
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Its an international identification number for a bank account and bank branch. You should find this on your bank statement as I believe all banks have to show you this for your account now. Hope this helps.

Please please be careful when giving over the number, like your a/c no and sort code, one wrong digit and the pennies go elsewhere.

I think it will end of four letters like BOFS for bank of scotland.

HTH

C xxx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:08 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scottishmum
Its an international identification number for a bank account and bank branch. You should find this on your bank statement as I believe all banks have to show you this for your account now. Hope this helps.

Please please be careful when giving over the number, like your a/c no and sort code, one wrong digit and the pennies go elsewhere.

I think it will end of four letters like BOFS for bank of scotland.

HTH

C xxx
Yep, its a ref indentifying your bank and branch; should be on your statement.