Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i want to take my dog with me

i want to take my dog with me

Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

janicep is an unknown quantity at this point
Post i want to take my dog with me

Hi, Can anyone recomend any comapnies that transport dogs from the uk to sydney? I have a staffy and wanna take him but have had a quote for £3,500 is this right, surely not. It's less than that to take my housefull of stuff in a big container!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: i want to take my dog with me

Hi we have a family staying with us at the moment there dog is in sydney waiting to come to brisbane, i think the price was the same then walking the dog was extra, caned dog food was extra ect gary
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:56 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janicep
Hi, Can anyone recomend any comapnies that transport dogs from the uk to sydney? I have a staffy and wanna take him but have had a quote for £3,500 is this right, surely not. It's less than that to take my housefull of stuff in a big container!!!
Price would've gone up, but jets4pets (highly recommend) took our staffy from Heathrow to Sydney for less than £1500, altho we dropped him off there which must've dropped a bit off the price ...

Whoever you go with, make sure they use plastic crates. Our dog was put into a wooden one, and by the time he got to Sydney he had tore the end off it and was out! ...

All fine tho! ...

Good luck!

http://www.jets4pets.com/ See if a guy called Barry is still there ...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:00 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

If you check the site, you'll see the wooden crates. For a staffy? ...

Apart from the crate issue, they WAS really good and spent hours on the phone before he flew ...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

We used Airpets - www.airpets.co.uk for our dog and 2 cats. Can't remember exactly how much we paid, I think they were a little more than some others but the service was excellent. I'm very happy to recommend them. I did all of the paperwork myself - obtaining the importation number etc. (dead easy, just check on the website) and that saved me a lot of money I seem to recall.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:08 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janicep
we used golden arrow to ship our lab/staffie cross.
they were not the cheapest quote - cost us about £1700 (that was dropping her off at the kennels ourselves) - but i felt more comfortable with their responses to questions etc than i did the other companies.
on top of that you have your vets bills and blood test costs etc plus your quarantine fees at this end - in total we probably paid approx £2500

she also went in a wooden crate ... and was perfectly fine (although she is not a chewing sort of dog)

EDITED TO ADD: when i think about it i am pretty sure quote to have her collected from the north east was about £500 extra
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi - we are sending our dog next month with Airpets - Heathrow to Sydney. We have been quoted just over £2300 and that includes picking him up from Cheltenham, taking him to Heathrow and then the travel etc. With the quarantine period ($800) and then the transfer from Sydney to Brisbane by plane (haven't had a quote for that yet) i reckon we are looking at about £3k.

Our boy is hard to describe as hes a cross breed but possibly a similar size to a large staffy.

Good luck
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Hi,
Just got back from Oz yesterday (hubby and daughter living out there) I got the nice job of selling/renting house out, anyway, we picked Eddy our Border Terrier up from the Quarantine Station On Wed 10th Sept, we used Golden Arrow Shippers, and they were excellent. He had a wooden crate and it was excellent, well made, good ventilation etc, I would have no hesitation to recommend them. I too took Eddy to their kennels, to save a bit of money, and to be honest i am very glad i did, because I saw the set up they have there and it is second to none in my opinion, they know what they are doing and i found the whole process stress free and simple. The only stressful thing was waiting the 15 or so mins for them to bring Eddy down from the kennel to the reception area at the quarantine station. The staff at the sydney quarantine station are also excellent and I am certain your pet will be well looked after. Like all things, I could say not to worry, I did, but you will be fine, now i've been through it, i know what its like.
Andrea
Attached Thumbnails i want to take my dog with me-frogs-dogs-020.jpg  
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:20 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
we used golden arrow to ship our lab/staffie cross.
they were not the cheapest quote - cost us about £1700 (that was dropping her off at the kennels ourselves) - but i felt more comfortable with their responses to questions etc than i did the other companies.
on top of that you have your vets bills and blood test costs etc plus your quarantine fees at this end - in total we probably paid approx £2500

she also went in a wooden crate ... and was perfectly fine (although she is not a chewing sort of dog)

EDITED TO ADD: when i think about it i am pretty sure quote to have her collected from the north east was about £500 extra
We used Golden Arrow as well - we're paying about £2,800 to ship 1 dog and 2 cats. It wasn't the cheapest quote, but i felt really comfortable with them and the literature they provide to explain everything is excellent. They quoted £140 to collect the animals from St. Helens, but we've decided to take them down ourselves.

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi,
Just got back from Oz yesterday (hubby and daughter living out there) I got the nice job of selling/renting house out, anyway, we picked Eddy our Border Terrier up from the Quarantine Station On Wed 10th Sept, we used Golden Arrow Shippers, and they were excellent. He had a wooden crate and it was excellent, well made, good ventilation etc, I would have no hesitation to recommend them. I too took Eddy to their kennels, to save a bit of money, and to be honest i am very glad i did, because I saw the set up they have there and it is second to none in my opinion, they know what they are doing and i found the whole process stress free and simple. The only stressful thing was waiting the 15 or so mins for them to bring Eddy down from the kennel to the reception area at the quarantine station. The staff at the sydney quarantine station are also excellent and I am certain your pet will be well looked after. Like all things, I could say not to worry, I did, but you will be fine, now i've been through it, i know what its like.
Andrea
I was made up when i read your post, it's reassured me no end. My dog's due to have her blood tests on the 24th September (fingers crossed they go well), and booked in to fly on the 22nd October to Perth
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
We used Golden Arrow as well - we're paying about £2,800 to ship 1 dog and 2 cats. It wasn't the cheapest quote, but i felt really comfortable with them and the literature they provide to explain everything is excellent. They quoted £140 to collect the animals from St. Helens, but we've decided to take them down ourselves.

I was made up when i read your post, it's reassured me no end. My dog's due to have her blood tests on the 24th September (fingers crossed they go well), and booked in to fly on the 22nd October to Perth
Good i'm glad its help, you can only go by what experiences you have with a company, thats why I've said they were good, as my whole experience with Golden Arrow has be A**.
Good luck with it all, i'm sure it will go as smooth as it did for me.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:38 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andreak
Good i'm glad its help, you can only go by what experiences you have with a company, thats why I've said they were good, as my whole experience with Golden Arrow has be A**.
Good luck with it all, i'm sure it will go as smooth as it did for me.

Thanks for that!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

It cost £1,900 last November when I shipped my lab, Baggy, over. That was me dropping him at the exporters and having done the lions share of the paperwork. My husband dined out on the joke that the dog cost more than me, him and our little daughter put together for a looonnggg time! Onward transportation to Brisbane from Sydney was extra. We used Josh and JetPets and they were excellent. Another useful link is http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs for information from the Aussie government.

Best wishes
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

janicep is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for all the links and companies. Was wondering is it easy to get rental property that allows dogs in sydney though i know where i live not many places allow pets of any description!I am so confused if it will be worth the upset to him? He's such a wimp and is scared of loud noises, like heavy rain and thunder never mind the oises from a plane! AAARGH!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:42 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967

Its reassuring to read Airpets are recommended too. My sisters dog flies to Perth with Airpets from the UK on 21 October so it looks like the two dogs will be inmates at the quarantine kennels in Byford!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

Hi I've just got a quote from worldcare pet transport which is USD $8125.00! Not sure why i've been quoted in US$ but works it out to be approx £4,400 This is a door to door service though from surrey to final destination Brisbane.
Think i'll get other quotes tho and see if it would be cheaper to sort bits out myself??
Anyone else used this company?
We've got a lab/staffy cross by the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.