Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Was i ripped off?

Was i ripped off?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Was i ripped off?

A kid knocked on my door yesterday and asked me to sponsor him to raise funds for his school, i grudgingly said "ok" and filled in the form.

I was just shutting the door and he says "well arn't 'cha gonna give me the money then?"

I said it was normal to come round and collect it once he had completed the task!

He looked at me like i was a 20 ft high wombat or something, and said in a very slow voice so that even the thickest 20 ft wombat could understand "no, you give it to me now, ok, thats how we do it here"

Was i ripped off, or is this the Ozzie way?? If i parted with 2 quid in the UK at least some scally would watch my car for an hour
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:24 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was i ripped off?

Originally posted by hevs
A kid knocked on my door yesterday and asked me to sponsor him to raise funds for his school, i grudgingly said "ok" and filled in the form.

I was just shutting the door and he says "well arn't 'cha gonna give me the money then?"

I said it was normal to come round and collect it once he had completed the task!

He looked at me like i was a 20 ft high wombat or something, and said in a very slow voice so that even the thickest 20 ft wombat could understand "no, you give it to me now, ok, thats how we do it here"

Was i ripped off, or is this the Ozzie way?? If i parted with 2 quid in the UK at least some scally would watch my car for an hour
God knows

But Im need a double garage and conservatory if you wanna chip in whilst your feeling generous
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I reckon you were!

sandy
Old Mar 19th 2004, 12:49 am
Badge

Hevs

I had the same. I fished out a 2 dollar coin.

Next week another guy turned up, I couldn't be arsed to find my wallet so said "No".

It could well be the norm. Anyhow, how are you to check?

Leave a roll of fivers on a loo roll outside

Badge

:scared: :scared:

Old Mar 19th 2004, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

:scared: I cant believe they are still doing that! Sure the kids have to fundraise but (up here anyway) kids are not supposed to doorknock. For obvious reasons, like nice opportunity for the odd weirdo or Pedo. They schools give them fundraising forms but state kids must not go doorknocking without an adult.

I'd ring the school, bet they are supposed to be getting money from friends and rellies rather than strangers. It does not really matter if they are older either. Up here there is a 14 year old boy been abducted while waiting for a bus.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 1:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot stand the scavs that have pissed all their money up the wall and go around asking for a couple of bucks. They aren't homeless or poor but just so stupid they cannot budget a night out.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:38 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Was i ripped off?

Done up like a kipper

Fools and their money and all that

jib
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:03 am
Badge

BP, Ok, I won't be knocking on your door then, mate.

Badge

Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:14 am

Originally posted by badgersmount
BP, Ok, I won't be knocking on your door then, mate.

Badge
Badge the likes of you and I know how to use beer scooters. Somehow I always end up in a bed and god knows how.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:36 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Somehow I always end up in a bed and god knows how.
but is it your bed?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:42 am

Originally posted by walaj
but is it your bed?
It depended on the power of the beer goggles.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walaj
but is it your bed?
My mum use to say to me "son, if you aint in bed by nine, you might as well come home"
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:56 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib
Was i ripped off?

Done up like a kipper

Fools and their money and all that

jib
He had a form and everything
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:02 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

He had a form and everything
Yeah, they do that here in Holland sometimes like that too.
I'm quite sure it's ok, though a bit wierd, but if they have a form and stuff.....
But, then, I'm naive... so you never know
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Might be too late, but if you could remember the name of the school, it may help to write a letter to the school principal and complain about the attitude of the little prick! If tht doesn't get any response try Vic eduction dept.

Years ago the Scouts used to raise money by having a "bob-a-job" drive, where they did small jobs for people and only received payment AFTER the job was done. It was stopped years ago because it was deemed to be to unsafe (insurance and OTHER reasons) for kids. Usaually now use official letters and forms for donations.

Betcha tell the next one to ****off quick or meet the dogs?

Cheers...

Last edited by The Bloke; Mar 19th 2004 at 9:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.