i-pod nano 2GB

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:49 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default i-pod nano 2GB

Bought my daughter one in November at Singapore airport for Christmas.
Worked for 2 days and is no more! Dead as a dodo!
Paid cash, lost receipt.
Apple will only repair if I can show a copy of a receipt.

By any chance, did anyone buy the same from Singapore airport Oct - Dec 2005? Would anyone have a receipt that they could fax/scan and send to me?

(I have emailed the shops in Changi airport and asked them - awaiting reply)

Bloody thing.

Andrew
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: i-pod nano 2GB

Originally Posted by andrew63
Paid cash, lost receipt.

By any chance, did anyone buy the same from Singapore airport Oct - Dec 2005? Would anyone have a receipt that they could fax/scan and send to me?

Bloody thing.

Andrew
pay by credit / debit by any chance ? Theres an avenue you could possibly use
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Paid cash, lost receipt.

Bloody thing.

Andrew
Andrew, have you tried a hardware reboot on the thing. This solves the problem many a time...

Toggle hold on.
Toggle hold off.
Hold down the menu and middle button for a few seconds.
The iPod nano should then “reboot” and voila!

Most freeze ups and then dead ipods are due to incorrectly unplugging a usb/firewire cable. Just so you know.

Good luck.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
Andrew, have you tried a hardware reboot on the thing. This solves the problem many a time...

Toggle hold on.
Toggle hold off.

Most freeze ups and then dead ipods are due to incorrectly unplugging a usb/firewire cable. Just so you know.

Good luck.

Also, to charge, your laptop actually has to be open - it will not charge while computer is in sleep mode. Mine is very temperamental,but a reboot fixed it too !
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Paid cash, lost receipt.

Bloody thing.

Andrew
If the suggestions here don't work I would try insisting on speaking to an apple manager. You can easily prove the unit is less than a year old since apple only launched them in the second half of last year (maybe worth reminding them of these and your basic rights as a consumer). Looking on apple's website they have 5 suggestions that they say fix most ipod problems so it may be worth trying these to.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion

Toggle hold on.
Toggle hold off.

Good luck.
My 40Giger died a week ago and I thought it was beyond repair. The reboot process worked (I'd got the buttons round the wrong way for ages before finally reading the instructions on the Apple site).

SS
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:34 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
My 40Giger died a week ago and I thought it was beyond repair. The reboot process worked (I'd got the buttons round the wrong way for ages before finally reading the instructions on the Apple site).

SS
Have a look through this site. Good luck.

ipod nano
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:28 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.
Still no joy.
Already trawled the apple site and done everything suggested
Googles "ipod wont charge" and seems to be a common problem.
PS: I paid cash
Of course the unit is less than a year old so that hsould be OK but I suppose Apple want proof that I never stole it - maybe.
I have tried my lap top as well as PC.
Reboot does nothing.
Even charging directly with power socket via USB cable, get the "charging" picture but evan after 24 hours, as soon as cable is unplugged "not enough battery power - connect to power source" then turns off.
Connect to USB - PC doesnt recognise anymore and does not charge. Between my "new" PC and lap top, I have 10 USB ports that work fine with any other devices I have. The ipod doesnt work with any of them.

I will send it to Apple without proof ofpurchase and see how far I get.

Thanks all.

Andrew
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:48 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Paid cash, lost receipt.

Bloody thing.

Andrew
hey

go into the apple website in the forum section im quite sure you will find an answer to your problem. just wondering is it charged ? & see if you can reset it as someone has described for you above. have had mine since they were released without a problem aswell. on a different note its cheaper to buy the 4gb ie comparing the price difference vs the space you get 4gb/2gb.
i guess its all to do with personal choice

des