Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: I need an aupair has any one else got one or had one?

Originally Posted by LA62
Hi guys

Looking for some advice

i have returned back to work full time since we moved here. 3 years ago

as you know with no family to relay on we have come to the desicion that we need xtra help with the children and house

i have been on numerous sites and been charged fees etc but it seems like it will be ages before we are sorted

Any one else been in the same position or can offer advice i would be soooo greatful

thanks
Hi...

We have an aupair at the moment and she has been with us for 6 weeks so far. We are based in Sandringham and used an agency called JCR. Our aupair is from Germany and so far it seems to be working ok, although there are times when you get frustrated about having someone else in your house all the time! If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Paul
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilywhite
Hi, I'm in the UK and I've had aupairs for 5 and 1/2years now and it has worked out well for my family. However other people will tell you horror stories. Two of our aupairs each stayed with us for two years & only left for visa reasons and the other for one year. I've had two Slovakian, one Turkish and a Hungarian aupair. We stayed with our Turkish aupair's family last year and our Slovakian aupairs are close family friends.

My advice is to make it very clear to your aupair what you expect. They like to see a 'program' - basically what times they work and what they have to do.

Here's a website I have used before. Good Luck.

http://www.easyaupair.com/index.asp
Are you in Preston?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Why not simply place a job ad in your local paper. If you make sure the applicants have childcare quals and background checks such as the blue card, to work with children you would be checking them out as much as any agency. References you can check that kind of thing.

Childcare workers in australia are not called 'aupairs' perhaps thats why your having no success, if you advertise for a nanny/babysitter/home help/child care worker aussies would know what you want.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:02 pm
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Whats about Mrs Doubtfire
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:41 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I've "had" one ...

Long time ago mind.

Slovakian as I recall.
Mine was a few years ago too, a Latvian.

Mad as a brush, but good fun.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:58 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We have had 2 au-pairs back in the UK...the first one was fabulous and we keep in very close contact, she got married to an English guy (thats why she lfet us after 18 months) and we went to thier wedding in Prague..where she came from. The second was a different story...she had no interest in children and just wanted to be in the UK,she had a really bad attitude and we had to get rid of her. We are going to start looking again soon as we have 4 choildren and we both work full-time. Good luck with your search, I'll keep reading!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

LA62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Hi...

We have an aupair at the moment and she has been with us for 6 weeks so far. We are based in Sandringham and used an agency called JCR. Our aupair is from Germany and so far it seems to be working ok, although there are times when you get frustrated about having someone else in your house all the time! If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Paul
HI PAUL & EVERYONE

WELL WE HAVE FINALLY FOUND OUR AUPAIR WHO ARRIVES TO DAY AND IS FROM JCR WOULD YOU BELEIVE! SHES ALSO GERMAN, SHE SEEMS LOVLEY AND HAVE HAD PLENTY OF CONTACT WITH HER AND HER FAMILY PRIOR TO HER ARRIVAL, IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE HELP AND CANT WAIT TO MEET HER!..PM ME AND LET ME KNOW SOME MORE INFO MAYBE THE 2 GIRLS CAN MEET UP FOR COFFEE AS I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD ON HER TO START WITH!

THANKS AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE GET ON
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to learn not to USE CAPITALS ALL THE TIME as it's very annoying to read, and basically equates to shouting at everyone in online etiquette.