Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i need adive on pension please

i need adive on pension please

Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:31 am
Just Joined

emmadkids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need adive on pension please

hi there ive done a search but really no clear answer . The problem being is is i was told that that when you leave the australian army you dont get a pension is this ture . As i read that you can ttanfer you bristh army pension over. is it that you just get one lump sum at the end of your time in the australain army

any advive would be great as we what to get the ball rolling but this is the only bit holding us back thank you for your time emmy
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i need adive on pension please

Originally Posted by emmadkids
hi there ive done a search but really no clear answer . The problem being is is i was told that that when you leave the australian army you dont get a pension is this ture
No, it's not true. "Pension" is called "superannuation" in Australia. All new members of the Australian Defence Force automatically become members of "Military Super".

You can read about it here: http://www.defence.gov.au/dpe/pac/MG_12_4.htm

If you read/scroll to the bottom of the above page, there is a link to the "Military Super" page.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:19 am
Just Joined

emmadkids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i need adive on pension please

thank you so much i was begininng to think that our plans were going to have to be put in the bin thank you once again