Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i moved to queensland because..........

i moved to queensland because..........

Old Sep 11th 2003, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default i moved to queensland because..........

Hi All
Please follow on from;

I moved to Queensland because...............

(please don't go into the chocolate thing again)

Dave
Old Sep 11th 2003, 10:44 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i moved to queensland because..........

Originally posted by jarv
Hi All
Please follow on from;

Dave

Not sure about the chocolate thing but:

It's got a sub tropical climate which means its 20C plus all year around (in the daytime that is).

Brisbane (in my opinion) is a nice city, not too big, not too small

It's got the benefit of two different types of coast (Sunshine and Gold)

It's got the theme park stuff for kids

It's where Australians holiday

Winter ended 12 days ago and its 31C.

I can give you a whole host of altenrative opinions (cold winter nights, no heating/insulation, high humidity summers etc. etc.) but I am one of those who find Queensland (or at least Brisbane) quite appealing.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

The economic growth here is fantastic. Its a State that lagged behind for years and now its catching up to Syd Melb fast. We saw great opportunities for business and housing. Everything you read here economically points to SE Qld as the biggest growth area. Houses are still half price of Sydney yet its now only an hours flight and as low as $45 one way. Big improvements everywhere you look, from nightclubs to restaurants to shops to modern housing. Big change was kicking out some old peanut farmer premier and bringing a relatively new model.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:53 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by jarv
Hi All
Please follow on from;

Dave
I moved to Queensland because...............we had to, no actually we moved here because that was our purpose in the first place.. to set up a company branch in south east QLD... we just got stuck in Newcastle for a while.. longer than we expected, was only supposed to be there a month, ended up there a little over a year...so we moved to queensland with the work.

Or do you want we moved to Queensland for the sun, beaches, big houses and the care free life style..lol

It's the smart state.. what more do you want??, any one find that "smart state" stupid! ?... when I went to get my new car on the road I had a choice of two number plates "The smart state" or "the sunshine state".. lol. I picked the sunshine state of course. Who ever came up with that " The smart state" needs shooting... I don't think that number plate is very popular at here at all. The woman in the transport office already was filling in the "sunshine state" before I had even answered her

cheers
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:57 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Who ever came up with that " The smart state" needs shooting... I don't think that number plate is very popular at here at all. The woman in the transport office already was filling in the "sunshine state" before I had even answered her

cheers

Read a while ago that the Govt was going to insist the car dealers use the Smart State ones cos consumers were all picking Sunshine State (not suprisingly). I think it was Peter Beattie's idea, he of the BIOTECH number plate !?!?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 1:58 am
owieb

Originally posted by Ceri
Who ever came up with that " The smart state" needs shooting...
I don't know, 'smart' is the new buzz word! You've got 'smart cars', 'smart wiring', 'smart phones', 'smart-ies' (mmm, not sure about the last one!).

You never know it could catch on and you're going to have a boring sunshine plate. Be a pioneer and wear your 'smart' plate with pride!

Old Sep 12th 2003, 2:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by owieb
I don't know, 'smart' is the new buzz word! You've got 'smart cars', 'smart wiring', 'smart phones', 'smart-ies' (mmm, not sure about the last one!).

You never know it could catch on and you're going to have a boring sunshine plate. Be a pioneer and wear your 'smart' plate with pride!
I never go with the crowds.. the "in things".. I'm still wearing matching flowered trousers and tops from the 80's .. lol (just joking). I'm a pinnacle of fashion in Aus
Old Sep 12th 2003, 2:06 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by owieb

I was as at Sydney airport recently and they had a Smart car in that Gadget Shop place, hordes of people around it peering in wonder.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

(1) climate
(2) pace of life
(3) not too crowded
(4) beautiful scenery
(5) cosmopolitan country town feel to Brisbane
(6) access to Great Barrier Reef
(7) I could spell it and find it on the map!

AndyH
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:34 am
Karma Comedian

Is anyone going to get a prize for the best reply to this question in twelve words or less?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr
Is anyone going to get a prize for the best reply to this question in twelve words or less?
You're out that's nineteen words... "QLD has sun, beaches and big 'ouses"
Old Sep 12th 2003, 6:15 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to Qld because my fiance lived here
Old Sep 12th 2003, 6:34 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by DagBoy
I moved to Qld because my fiance lived here
Dagboy, why the past tense?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

I was as at Sydney airport recently and they had a Smart car in that Gadget Shop place, hordes of people around it peering in wonder.
We actually have those cars driving on the streets here!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:41 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy, why the past tense?
Cos I'm now his wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.