Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Fremantleraider2 is on a distinguished road
Default I Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hi every one, i forgot my flaming password so had to re do it buts its me honest!!)

Yup it's me folks! i finaly made it to Oz!!

My trip was not to bad, well part of it anyway,

I flew wirh Emirates, not too bad a flight from Brum to dubai, had lots of leg room as i am v tall which was nice, flight took about 6h 30 mins. got to dubai and had about an hour to get my next flight so had a bit of walking round the duty free area hehe.
Now the next stage of my trip was a nightmare! As soon as the plane took off a lady in front of me put here chair right back so for 10 hours i had NO leg room and was unable to watch the little tv screen in the back ot the seat! so i slept on and off when i could and guess what! no bloody jet lag! HEHE
I arrived at perth at 5.30pm local time and was meet by my mums friend who took me to her daughters house where i had soom food then we went back to the friends house which is in Coogee at the Woodmans point camp site! VERY VERY VERY NICE PLACE!!!! only 5 mins from the beach!
I stumbled to bed at 10.30 last night and was woke but 3 parrots about 2 feet from my bedroom window screaching at 6 am! OH forgot to say i had my first spider encounter last night! I was on the phone to Willow when i saw the black shape out the corner of my eye and i turned to look and there HUGE black spider (ok huge to me hehe) come off the roof of the phone box and landed on my sholder (soz babe i didn't tell ya, didn't want ya to worry) so i looked at it with its big dripping fangs and flicked the bugger on the floor and kicked it out of the phone box!
I am walking round Freo today on my own just getting a feel for the place, got my bank account sorted out, What nice people in the banks here not like the UK!
Weather is HOT HOT HOT beaches are loverly, all yous waiting to get here are gonna love it!

Thats about it for now folks, will post agian after the weekend or so but will have a look at any messages tomorrow, apart from that i'm just wander around hehe.
LOTS OF LOVE TO WILLOW MY BABE! MISSING U HUNNI!

Soz to here about the TV Warren, will have a think about it and get back to ya

Right then folks i'm off, speak to yous all later

FremantleRaider
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 4:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!
Glad you made it!

HOT???? It's very cool for this time of year! lol!

I think I camped at Woodman Point once.

Have fun exploring!!

Are you coming to King's Park on the 12th??

Simone
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats. its grey here. very grey. but i have a daughter called willow.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:21 am
Cheeky

Hi FMR,

Fantastic to hear from you!!

Well it sounds like you are having fun already!
That wasnt v. nice (on the plane) of the lady in front. At least you managed a kip though.

Parrots, spiders, crikey just call you Indiana Jones then!!

It sounds lovely were you are, enjoy it and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Take care,
Cheeky

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Glad to hear you are there safe and sound. OMG that spider though, I think I would have dropped the phone and ran screaming down the road. Poor Willow left in grey old Oldham. Tell us all about the setting up of things cos that's what we all want to know.
Sue
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:36 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: I Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi FMR2!!

Glad you had safe journey if not a bit uncomfortable,some people huh,no concideration for others.

Anyways sound as if your having a ball!(spider ping ball!!)

Expat withdrawal didnt last for long though eh !!

Keep us all updated.

Take care,
Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hya FR2. Congrats.

If I were you, I would have continually kicked the seat in front until she moved it up a bit but at least you got some sleep.

Note to self: don't use phone boxes unless they have been "bombed".

Don't forget to Slip, slap, slop whilst exploring
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider2
(Hi every one, i forgot my flaming password so had to re do it buts its me honest!!)

I flew wirh Emirates, not too bad a flight from Brum to dubai, had lots of leg room as i am v tall which was nice, flight took about 6h 30 mins. got to dubai and had about an hour to get my next flight so had a bit of walking round the duty free area hehe.
Now the next stage of my trip was a nightmare! As soon as the plane took off a lady in front of me put here chair right back so for 10 hours i had NO leg room and was unable to watch the little tv screen in the back ot the seat! so i slept on and off when i could and guess what! no bloody jet lag! HEHE
I arrived at perth at 5.30pm local time and was meet by my mums friend who took me to her daughters house where i had soom food then we went back to the friends house which is in Coogee at the Woodmans point camp site! VERY VERY VERY NICE PLACE!!!! only 5 mins from the beach!
I stumbled to bed at 10.30 last night and was woke but 3 parrots about 2 feet from my bedroom window screaching at 6 am! OH forgot to say i had my first spider encounter last night! I was on the phone to Willow when i saw the black shape out the corner of my eye and i turned to look and there HUGE black spider (ok huge to me hehe) come off the roof of the phone box and landed on my sholder (soz babe i didn't tell ya, didn't want ya to worry) so i looked at it with its big dripping fangs and flicked the bugger on the floor and kicked it out of the phone box!
I am walking round Freo today on my own just getting a feel for the place, got my bank account sorted out, What nice people in the banks here not like the UK!
Weather is HOT HOT HOT beaches are loverly, all yous waiting to get here are gonna love it!

Thats about it for now folks, will post agian after the weekend or so but will have a look at any messages tomorrow, apart from that i'm just wander around hehe.

FremantleRaider

well babe it was nice to here your voice today as you woke me up twice hehe but im glad i herd you i missing you maddly or is that just me who is mad never get that one right when i get there you better have looked all round the House for SPIDES or i'll find some where alse to sleep i aint living with no Huge spiders no way and yer some one got right idea blow up fone box first and thank for telling me it hot hot hot it rain rain rain here as always exept for 5 mins yesterday we had SUN WOOT in UK SUN OMG cant wait to be with you again and sean said hi dad love you loads dont give monkys if ppl think im soppy i just miss my man
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Glad you arrived safe and sound FMR, happy acclimatising
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

The raider had landed! Well done mate. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Fremantleraider2 is on a distinguished road

Meeting on the 12th at Kings park?

Hmm didn't know about that 1......................

Can someone send me a PM with the details please!

A note to all comming over here, When putting on sun screan remember to always re apply it to your hands every 30 mins or so coz if you are going into your pockets for stuff it comes off and then you get burned backs of the hands!
I cought it just in time but my hands look a little red (Hey ho)

Got my bank account sorted out yesterday, How easy was that to sort out, in and out in five mins, all i had to show was my passport!

Umm just one question is jet lag a straight away thing or will it creap up on you coz i aint got it yet (lucky me eh?)

Gonna go out car buying next week then its job hunting time i suppose

Hey ho!

FremantleRaider
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

Well babe it was good to here from you again today it was nice to here you whent watching Drag racing and no people that aint men in dresses running round a field well i hope not hehe well he is doing fine im still missing him and so is his son but we will be together SOOOOOOON
Old Dec 4th 2004, 7:04 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi FMR

Glad you arrived in Perth safely (and that the journey was good - well most of the way anyway!!!).

Geez, are you sure you're not turning into Steve Irwin? Parrots/Spiders! And about that spider! For goodness sake, if that were me I'd have fainted in utter terror. I'm surprised it didn't try to kick you back!!! Keep us posted on your progress!

D D
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There its grat to hear the flight was not too bad.I would have been well annoyed if the person in front of me had kept there seat back the whole time ,although not an awful lot you can do about it .Does it seem really hot this time of the year especially leaving the UK in the winter I would think it will take a while to adjust.
Keep us all informed of how it goes good Luck and all the best Dreamaway.
Hoping to be in Perth in the not so distant future.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider2

FremantleRaider
dream a little dream mate good on ya.!!!! enjoy!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.