Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

What a week!

Monday : Booked and paid for Flights with Singapore Airlines from Manchester to Perth on 13th September. 5 Adults 1 Child, Cost £2200.
Stopping over in Singapore for 5 nights on the way staying at the Novotel Apollo. 3 Twin rooms for 5 nights including free entrance to 5 different attractions and transfers to and from airport, Cost £408.

Tuesday : Handed in notice at work, finish on 27th August!!!

Wednesday : Booked everything for leaving party on 3rd September at local club, holds 230 people, should be a good night.

Thursday : House sale finally confirmed, completion due just before we land inPerth. 3 months, 34 viewings, and its now definitely sold! And for full asking price!!!

So at last it all seems to be coming together, and feels much more real and just a little scarey! :scared:
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:15 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

Brilliant!!!!! Well Done & Good Luck with it all

We're about 4 months behind you!

Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations

Sounds like you've been busy! Have a great trip and enjoy yourself when you get out to Perth

Alastair
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:24 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one. Hope the journey goes just as well.

Paul.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Phiza, dead jealous but really pleased for you!! Hopefully we wont be far behind you.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:57 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PHIZA
What a week!

Monday : Booked and paid for Flights with Singapore Airlines from Manchester to Perth on 13th September. 5 Adults 1 Child, Cost £2200.
Stopping over in Singapore for 5 nights on the way staying at the Novotel Apollo. 3 Twin rooms for 5 nights including free entrance to 5 different attractions and transfers to and from airport, Cost £408.

Wednesday : Booked everything for leaving party on 3rd September at local club, holds 230 people, should be a good night.

Thursday : House sale finally confirmed, completion due just before we land inPerth. 3 months, 34 viewings, and its now definitely sold! And for full asking price!!!

So at last it all seems to be coming together, and feels much more real and just a little scarey! :scared:

Very similar plan to ours:

Leave temp job on 27th Aug, Leaving party booked for 10th September, Packers arrive 13th Sept, Hoping to leave for London on 16th September. A couple of days there as daughter has never experienced London. Doing a couple of touristy thing then hoping to fly out to Singapore on the 18th and have a couple of days stopover so we are nice and refreshed when we get to Perth. You never know Phiza we may bump into on route!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:41 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

It is a nice feeling finally quiting your job, all the best to you and yours from me and mine.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

What a week!

I love it when a plan comes together too!

MONDAY: Found tenants for our UK home
TUESDAY: Got boxes and packed everything for storage
WEDNESDAY: Sold MG (phew!)
THURSDAY: Deposited money started paying debts off (bank manager in shock!)
FRIDAY: Had an allergic reaction (well lifes never perfect)

Sitting here in empty house (ok....we have a kettle), kids stuff is packed for flight, living on take aways and playing Uno until we've laughed ourselves stupid! We will progress onto travel Connect 4!

Good luck with it, we fly in 13 days and after all the stress I'm still having sleepless nights, butterflies etc but feeling ok!

See you down under (keep fingers crossed!)
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:10 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

What a week!

Ho Phiza,
Sounds like a good plan!!!
Hope your party and flights go really well!!!
We're putting house up for sale next week (as visa has come through this week) and I'm already feeling scared, so I know how you feel!!!!
Good luck!!!
Shell
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

congratulations, green with envy, but in a nice way!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

malmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

Well, all I can say is a big 'CHEERS' to you and all your family, I am sitting here reading and toasting your success with a large 'Castle Lager', just started our TRA application so a long way away yet, but we'll get there!!!!!

Cheers again and go out and love Oz, it has much to offer anyone and is the best place on this earth, you won't be needing the good luck 'cos it's meant to be so it'll be! Enjoy and think of this, the reason I'm trying so hard to go:

Life is what passes you by whilst you're planning it.

So do it now, and enjoy and persevere and live your life the way you like to.

All my best wishes

Malcolm Macintyre
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Congrats Phiza and the best of luck, dead jealous and wish it was us but nevermind it will happen one day soon, I hope.

And welcome to the forum Malmac.

Lindsey
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - the hard part's got to be over now!

We fly on Sept 22nd - although I fell out of a tree today and feel pretty rough....