Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love the Ozzies!!!

I love the Ozzies!!!

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default I love the Ozzies!!!

Well ive just been reading through the latest posts and think they are a bit flat so I thought i`d add my 10 bobs worth in!!!
Last week i received in my mail box an invitation from my neighbor over the road whom I have never ever spoke to, inviting me to her 44th birthday girlie night! Decided to go and meet some of the locals.
Well ive just returned, 12.15 am and what a fantastic evening i`ve had. They made me feel extremely welcome and even laid on a Harley Davidson bike ride for everyone. The meal at a local restaurant was paid for as was the bar tab. I will be going over tomorrow with a big bunch of flowers to say thank you. What lovely people. Sure to become friends. Its funny we have been in Australia neally 2 years now and am only recently making Ozzie frineds, strange. Maybe they think we will stay now!!

Angela
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love the Ozzies!!!

Prehaps you have stopped whinging ................mm
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:43 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster
Well ive just been reading through the latest posts and think they are a bit flat so I thought i`d add my 10 bobs worth in!!!
Last week i received in my mail box an invitation from my neighbor over the road whom I have never ever spoke to, inviting me to her 44th birthday girlie night! Decided to go and meet some of the locals.
Well ive just returned, 12.15 am and what a fantastic evening i`ve had. They made me feel extremely welcome and even laid on a Harley Davidson bike ride for everyone. The meal at a local restaurant was paid for as was the bar tab. I will be going over tomorrow with a big bunch of flowers to say thank you. What lovely people. Sure to become friends. Its funny we have been in Australia neally 2 years now and am only recently making Ozzie frineds, strange. Maybe they think we will stay now!!

Angela
OMG that is soooo nice of her bet you was right chuffed.Here...have some karma for posing that lovely post.xx
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Angela
Good onya !!

I think it's harder for us expats to make friends because we don't grow up with the people we end up living next door to here in Aus - but I don't think it's harder than if you move to a different city/town in the UK.

A circle of friends is a thing that takes time to evolve, and I found that in the UK when we moved house it was equally hard to establish a new group of mates as it is when you arrive here.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Angela
cant imagine that happening in uk.... not in my street anyway!!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

I lived on the same suburban street in Melbourne for over 20 years and there was not once a street party. You need to have some one on your street who could be arsed organising them, which is rare. I'm sure it's even rarer to be invited to a birthday party by someone you've never spoken to!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Angela
Sounds like a really fab evening & what a lovely neighbour!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:16 pm
Banned

fedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nice

I like em too, on a recent visit to Brisbane we were wandering around the city looking a little lost with map in hand, when a local came up to us and asked she could help, this happened twice in one day, whats the chances of that happening in any UK city twice in a year, never mind in a day.

Went to look at caravans one day the salesman spent an hour asking us questions about the UK and Europe and just generally chatting never once tried to push us into buying.
Very freindly people I found.
Wonderful country, Aussies should be proud of their country.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fedupwithbritain
I like em too, on a recent visit to Brisbane we were wandering around the city looking a little lost with map in hand, when a local came up to us and asked she could help, this happened twice in one day, whats the chances of that happening in any UK city twice in a year, never mind in a day.

Went to look at caravans one day the salesman spent an hour asking us questions about the UK and Europe and just generally chatting never once tried to push us into buying.
Very freindly people I found.
Wonderful country, Aussies should be proud of their country.
You have just hit the nail on the head.... they are proud of their country. And it shows.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

You have just hit the nail on the head.... they are proud of their country. And it shows.
Hi Angela
Remember to give us her address when I move there. Could do with a good knees up.
Mandy.
ps How's life in the dogs home, still bringing them home.