Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love it here !

I love it here !

Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold
Default I love it here !

Well not been on this site for ages, and now been here for a year. Its a beautiful country but seriously when the uk picks back up i will be first on the plane.
Its as laid back as a man on death row. Pretentious OMG. I walk round the shopping centres and it has either got the biggest per centage of 10c millionaires or debt city.
Food shopping is fantastic i laugh every week. 300 dollars for a few tim tams and chicken breast full of hormones and fruit and veg covered in Cancer causing chemicals. Let me guess yours is all great!
Houses, bought one live in one and guess, would never buy another one. Its got the feel of something me gran knocked up after her first day at woodclass. Me pool lovely cut through the crap use it comfortably 3 mnths out of 12.
Education, depending on schools can be good. OOH, you probably will pay private for what you get at a good state uk school, if you are lucky. Teachers get paid well with no national curriculum in place, of course this is so they can be more creative, or sit on their arse with no targets for th 85k they gey paid.
Economy, is good and doing well at the moment. Of course that is what the t.v will tell you. If its as crash hot as they say then next week it will be on parity with the pound. NO NO NO! Australia is making money from selling its own land and selling it to china with the only development on how to dig bigger holes.
Crime, not good in terms of any big cities with the same problems with regards to immigrants. Many disadvantaged refugees being given asylum in Australia and bringing their problems and cheap attitude towards life.
Cars, you will pay a fortune for a car which you thought you had scrapped 10 years ago, but hey i am not materialstic,
WELCOME TO OZ!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I love it here !

Originally Posted by mark wool
Well not been on this site for ages, and now been here for a year. Its a beautiful country but seriously when the uk picks back up i will be first on the plane.
Its as laid back as a man on death row. Pretentious OMG. I walk round the shopping centres and it has either got the biggest per centage of 10c millionaires or debt city.
Food shopping is fantastic i laugh every week. 300 dollars for a few tim tams and chicken breast full of hormones and fruit and veg covered in Cancer causing chemicals. Let me guess yours is all great!
Houses, bought one live in one and guess, would never buy another one. Its got the feel of something me gran knocked up after her first day at woodclass. Me pool lovely cut through the crap use it comfortably 3 mnths out of 12.
Education, depending on schools can be good. OOH, you probably will pay private for what you get at a good state uk school, if you are lucky. Teachers get paid well with no national curriculum in place, of course this is so they can be more creative, or sit on their arse with no targets for th 85k they gey paid.
Economy, is good and doing well at the moment. Of course that is what the t.v will tell you. If its as crash hot as they say then next week it will be on parity with the pound. NO NO NO! Australia is making money from selling its own land and selling it to china with the only development on how to dig bigger holes.
Crime, not good in terms of any big cities with the same problems with regards to immigrants. Many disadvantaged refugees being given asylum in Australia and bringing their problems and cheap attitude towards life.
Cars, you will pay a fortune for a car which you thought you had scrapped 10 years ago, but hey i am not materialstic,
WELCOME TO OZ!
I guess you dont like Australia then.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:13 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh you to watch out for those immigrants - right pain in the arse they are!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:16 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

When the UK picks up. Regret to say that you may have a long wait.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
This, its garbage at the moment.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame some of the truths in the op is marred by total crap as well. Guess at least its a balanced view.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Can't imagine how you can stand to live in such an awful place. Surely, as bad as it seems to be at the present, the UK must be better than where you are now!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:40 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

well mate nobody ever said Aus was for everybody

Here maybe this will help http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=61
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I often wondered why us English got tagged with whinging poms, now I know
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I wouldn't say that if you work in banking it's great.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
I often wondered why us English got tagged with whinging poms, now I know
Aussies whinge just as much as the poms, I know, I listen ton them at work every day! And as Walter says, Aus isn't for everyone.......
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:22 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Aussies whinge just as much as the poms, I know, I listen ton them at work every day! And as Walter says, Aus isn't for everyone.......
Agree mate. I never get why some people think only Poms whinge, like it's exclusively a Pommie affliction
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Australians are friendly… Absolutely. They are some of the friendliest people you will meet. This is best displayed by the shop assistants as they try to explain to you why you have just had a dozen dining chairs delivered, when, in fact, you ordered a fridge.

The houses are bigger than the UK. Generally this is true. Land is cheap and the cost of the Blu-tack and balsa wood used in the construction brings the building costs right down compared to the UK

Australians are good drivers. If your starting point is an Egyptian camel driver then you would probably agree. If you enjoy being undertaken by a 12 year old in a V8 then this is the country for you.

Food is cheap. Beef is cheap… other than that forget it. I think bananas currently cost $1467 each with cucumbers about half that.

Clothes are good quality. Remember TK Maxx at home?. Now do you remember the guy outside TK Maxx searching through the litter bin?. He was wearing better clothes than you get here.

The men are more refined than ever. Possibly. The rugby league players now head-butt women rather than giving them a playful kicking.

There is so much to see and do... If your idea of an attraction is the local pie shop, then again, this is the place to come.

That lot was my third post on BE... ahhhh happy days.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Australians are friendly… Absolutely. They are some of the friendliest people you will meet. This is best displayed by the shop assistants as they try to explain to you why you have just had a dozen dining chairs delivered, when, in fact, you ordered a fridge.

The houses are bigger than the UK. Generally this is true. Land is cheap and the cost of the Blu-tack and balsa wood used in the construction brings the building costs right down compared to the UK

Australians are good drivers. If your starting point is an Egyptian camel driver then you would probably agree. If you enjoy being undertaken by a 12 year old in a V8 then this is the country for you.

Food is cheap. Beef is cheap… other than that forget it. I think bananas currently cost $1467 each with cucumbers about half that.

Clothes are good quality. Remember TK Maxx at home?. Now do you remember the guy outside TK Maxx searching through the litter bin?. He was wearing better clothes than you get here.

The men are more refined than ever. Possibly. The rugby league players now head-butt women rather than giving them a playful kicking.

There is so much to see and do... If your idea of an attraction is the local pie shop, then again, this is the place to come.

That lot was my third post on BE... ahhhh happy days.
so......... you settled right away then

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Feb 19th 2011 at 9:50 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:48 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark wool
WELCOME TO OZ!
Not another bloody Godzoner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.