Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love australia because.......

I love australia because.......

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love australia because.......

Originally Posted by bondipom
Kiwis can be a bit sensitive.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:20 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

because every morning I can get up, go for a swim in a pool that hasnt been urinated in by a bunch of Chavs..

After the swim, I can retire to the deck, and look for work via the internet, whilst topping up the tan.. (bad I know)

Oh and Cascade Premium...
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Ok, I give up...what is a "Chav"?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:45 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
Ok, I give up...what is a "Chav"?
http://www.chavscum.com/

a british phenominum (who can probably spell better than me)
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by sloake
http://www.chavscum.com/

a british phenominum (who can probably spell better than me)
Ahh...bogans...thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:32 am
aussie73

You can go swiiming with Dolphins in the clear blue waters of the pacific ocean on a nice 25c-30c day , rather then swimming in the brown waters with turds and other pollution off the coast of Britain on a 5c-10c day.

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 3:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

rather then swimming in the brown waters with turds and other pollution off the coast of Britain
I love Australia because Aussie turds and pollution are far nicer than Britain's

Call for dirty beaches to be closed

Jeff Sommerfeld
and Justine Nolan

COUNCILS have been urged to declare beaches unsafe for swimming if they record unacceptable levels of dangerous organisms.

Independent tests conducted by The Courier-Mail have backed up Government tests showing some of Queensland's most popular beaches are contaminated by up to five times the safe limit of faecal coliforms.

The coliforms are an indicator of bacteria and viruses that could cause gastrointestinal ailments in humans.

Marine experts said yesterday the contamination was due to local overflows from stormwater and wastewater discharges, resulting in human and other waste ending up on beaches.

University of Queensland senior lecturer in marine botany Bill Dennison said high levels of faecal conforms made waterways unsafe for swimming.

Dr Dennison was co-author of a Moreton Bay study that revealed most of the bay's foreshore and the Brisbane River were unsafe to swim in because of contamination.

He said faecal conforms and turbidity - a condition resulting from the presence of suspended particles in the water that reduce light penetration - were the two major factors in the reduction of areas where people could swim safely.

Dr Dennison said one of the recommendations of the Moreton Bay study was that areas unsuitable for swimming should be designated.

"We have the world's best swimmers in south-east Queensland, yet we can't let them swim in our waterways," he said. "We should set ourselves a goal to be able to swim in all of our waterways."

A recent Courier-Mail spot test found the beach at South Burleigh recorded extremely high concentrations of faecal conforms.

A similar result was found at Burleigh five years ago by the Gold Coast chapter of the Surfrider Foundation.

Executive director Greg Howell said surfers had reported illnesses after surfing near stormwater drains after heavy rains.

"We've tried for years to get it into people's thick heads not to leave rubbish lying around," he said.

Gold Coast City councillor Sue Robbins attributed the high levels of faecal conforms found at Burleigh Heads to the higher-than- normal dog population in the area.

Cr Robbins, chairwoman of council's planning and development south committee, said dog droppings were an ongoing problem at Burleigh and the council had installed bags and bins in parks to encourage owners to pick up their pets' faeces.

"Unless more people start to show a more responsible way of dealing with this problem, there will be fewer and fewer places where they (dog owners) can take them," Cr Robbins said.

She said the council had started an ongoing project to install pollutant traps in all stormwater outlets across the region which filter out larger waste items, including cigarette butts.

Burleigh Heads councillor Paul Gamin said he was "astounded" by the results because a specially designed pollutant trap had been installed at the South Burleigh stormwater drain four years ago.

Cr Gamin said that after heavy rains the first stormwater run-off - which carried a large portion of rubbish - was trapped by a weir, and the area had been tested by council officials with no adverse findings
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Because you can attend the footy and count the number of police on one hand. Assuming you see any.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by bondipom
Bureacracy is frustrating. Personally I advocate a removal of visa requirements between nations of wealth of democratic stability. The need for agents and a quite a few bureacrats would be gone.
Where would this leave the South East Asians, Indians and Africans who are on the next waves washing up on our shores?

Not to mention the imbalance of climate migrants who thirty years ago wouldn't have given Oz a seconds thought as they embraced the EU and closed the doors on "others" at Heathrow?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Banksia
Where would this leave the South East Asians, Indians and Africans who are on the next waves washing up on our shores?

Not to mention the imbalance of climate migrants who thirty years ago wouldn't have given Oz a seconds thought as they embraced the EU and closed the doors on "others" at Heathrow?
Singapore would meet the wealth requirement and some may argue the place has a democracy. The same skilled visas would still be there so no doors are being shut. This would also give Australians plenty of opportunities around the world. Not everyone here wants to stay. Just have a look at the numbers heading for the UK permantley.

To make it politically acceptable there would probably be health and police checks. There would be an initial rush of climate migrants but those numbers would tail off straight away.

As with trade the economies of the nations involved will benefit from the freedom of movement of labour.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:39 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix
I dunno....you just can't satisfy some people.....can't make up their minds.
You got a boomerang in your handbag ?
Yep the bloody thing keeps digging in me!

Though MIND and MAKING UP - I am a woman so these two don't go together

M

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:40 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
Ahh...bogans...thanks.
Yep they are all class!

M

Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Aus for its Boodies, Kowaris, Dunnarts, Numbats, Planigales, Phascogales and of course the Little Red Kaluta!

AKA the Wildlife!