Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love australia because.......

I love australia because.......

Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I love australia because.......

Originally Posted by scrawni
And not one person is to mention the weather, house prices, or quality of life!!! Come on be original

I love australia because I don't have to wear socks!

Mandy

What a fab thread .. we're a million miles from being there but after reading all your posts I'd crawl on my hands and knees those million miles to sample your descriptions for myself!

Kari
Counting down to the Emigration show at Sandown (18-20 March 05) cos after that we're gonna decide if we can/should definitely take the emigration plunge!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:56 am
PommieLeague

...cos my wife is here.
my favourite sport is played here (rugby league)
i love Eucalyptus trees
i love the accents

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:11 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Sorry, Bondipom...
The last bit of my offending post was a bit on the retoric and bad grammer...I had not meant to intimate that Australians would claim to be asylum seekers... I had simply meant to show that compared to the visa stucture operated by Australia - that operated by the UK is basically none existant. As for being an economic migrant, I and my wife have been wanting to emigrate to Australia for over 25 years, but for a number of family reasons we could not simply pack up and leave. The rules are the rules..fine but it is a bit galling when we are ready and able to pay in full and in one hit the fee's for the Contributary Parent visa, that we must wait another 2 years!

May I now, suitably chastised,re-join the forum fold and promise never again to press "submit" without first self editing my post for any none PC content. ( sorry G !)
Bureacracy is frustrating. Personally I advocate a removal of visa requirements between nations of wealth of democratic stability. The need for agents and a quite a few bureacrats would be gone.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:18 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bondipom
Bureacracy is frustrating. Personally I advocate a removal of visa requirements between nations of wealth of democratic stability. The need for agents and a quite a few bureacrats would be gone.
Might offend a few stroppy poorer neighbours but.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:35 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Might offend a few stroppy poorer neighbours but.
Kiwis can be a bit sensitive.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:19 am
Merlot

. . . it doesn't have as many Chavs, football hooligans chucking coins at players and since leaving Oz nearly 12 months ago, I now see it with fresh perspective and looking forward to coming back.

M

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:40 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by optus
I can see England play Rugby at an affordable price (although on recent form I’m not sure I’ll want to).
League or union?

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
Vinny

You caught me in a bad mood.

I have a parent contributory visa myself and although I am in an 'in demand' occupation with a firm offer for a senior post I had to wait until the parent contributory visa was possible before I dare risk moving to Australia and yet my son has been a citizen for a few years.

I will also apologise to you.

However there have been lots of posts on here from people complaining about 'Asylum seekers', immigrants to the UK etc and TBH they are usually based on prejudice and ignorance. Some of us take offence at this and will say so.

Let us hope we can start again.

If I can be of any assistance I will try and help.

I have the visa but am still in the UK and probably will be for a while yet.

Best wishes

G
Thanks for that G, much appreciated. look forward to buying you a drink....as long as its on Circular Quay
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:05 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fireeater
the woman I love is there and she loves it

And I'm going next week.....

Carl
Hooray!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:10 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to echo Badge - it just feels 'right' - I feel so comfortable - beautiful country; friendly helpful, happy people. Less hassle to do things and get things done by others.

Cas
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
. . . it doesn't have as many Chavs, football hooligans chucking coins at players and since leaving Oz nearly 12 months ago, I now see it with fresh perspective and looking forward to coming back.

M
I dunno....you just can't satisfy some people.....can't make up their minds.
You got a boomerang in your handbag ?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:40 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by optus
I can see England play Rugby at an affordable price (although on recent form I’m not sure I’ll want to).
This year's England shirt explained
Attached Thumbnails I love australia because.......-att321253_1.gif  
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:44 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

… the word spruiker is a fantastic description of a slimy smarmy salesman.

… farmers can put their produce by their gates with honesty boxes (I presume their continued use means that they are not getting nicked).

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:28 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

coz it's possible to wander out for your lunch hour and not freeze to death!!! We haven't got snow here where we are in the S/West.. but it's freeeeezing!! I'm itching for some proper hot hot hot sunshine..
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:50 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
This year's England shirt explained
I like it!
Sums up the boredom of union.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.