Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love australia because.......

I love australia because.......

Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love australia because.......

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Get out of the wrong side of the bed Grayling?
No

Just fed up with this repetitive crap about 'asylum seekers', 'Immigration to Uk etc'. type rants.

It is especially rich coming from people who, themselves, want to be Economic migrants

G
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:15 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
No

Just fed up with this repetitive crap about 'asylum seekers', 'Immigration to Uk etc'. type rants.

It is especially rich coming from people who, themselves, want to be Economic migrants

G
Father Jack have you had your morning turps yet?

I agree with your comments. The level of ignorance on assylum is staggering. The UK has a list of countries whose nationals it will listen to regarding assylum claims. Australia is not not on that list.

Back to the OT

Surf, the harbour, the Mrs.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
There are 3 cars in front of you and the Aussies call it traffic (geeze they would jump off Tyne Bridge if they had to sit in the trafficI had to [shudder])
yes, will be thinking of the go banana's tomorrow, as i sit at the swan house roundabout for 30 minutes in the bleaching snow (checking out my lippy)!!!!

inspirational post...

bob x
Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Its suprising Mike Stanton , Eatstatic and the other anti-Aussie trolls have'nt
hijacked this thread yet.
If you are anti-aussie, it does not make you a troll (the people you mentioned are definitely not trolls)
Can you be pro-aussie & a troll?.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:11 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

The things I enjoyed (and took for granted) about Perth were boogie-boarding, snorkelling, walking bare-foot along the road, the drive-in (sadly long gone), seeing the movies a few weeks before Britain got them, the Freo Doctor, walking along the Swan (trying to save washed up jellyfish), being on a boat with the Dolphins of Mandurah Inlet, swarms of Budgies flying around the back-yard, Miner birds, Kookaburra`s, Eucalyptus trees, Hot&Spicy KFC, Milo-Bars, Lamingtons, Anzac Biscuits.... that`s all I can think of atm. I`ll miss a whole bunch of different things about England though of course, but I guess I`m lucky to have grown up in 3 countries (Aus, UK, S.Africa), and worked for the last 10 years in the UK.... now time to get back to Perth and bring up the bratlets
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:30 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

No

G
To be honest, I never even noticed that comment in the last line, I was more interested in reading the other 6 paragraphs about his family & the effect of having family on the other side of the world etc.

Its funny how people can read different things from a post, isnt it?

Amazulu, I beg to differ, Eatstatic/Kong/Dazuk/man of a thousand IDs is most definitely a troll. He only posts to illicit a response. Mike is just anti-aussie, you're right, that doesnt make him a troll.

As far as Im concerned Wombat is a troll as well, although having said that, I have seen him post some helpful information, unlike Daz who is just bitter & twisted.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Feb 21st 2005 at 12:17 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about

I can see England play Rugby at an affordable price (although on recent form I’m not sure I’ll want to).
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:08 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Can you be pro-aussie & a troll?.
Wombat and Superior give it a go but they are not very good at it
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:03 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

I love Australia because of the feeling of absolute peace you get sitting on a deserted white sandy beach at sunset, feeling a warm breeze on your skin and sand between your toes. Because I can wake up at sunset, drive to the coast and go snorkelling before going to work. Because the people here are so friendly. Being able to see the stars nearly every night. Because I can live a life here that I would never have been able to achieve in the UK.

sigh

W.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:23 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by HUP
Wombat and Superior give it a go but they are not very good at it
Atleast we are trying

Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wombat42
Atleast we are trying
Very. LOL
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

No

G

Hmmmmm, seems I touched a nerve.... sorry :-( did not mean to lose control of myself..however, the main body of my text was to extoll the the virtues of wanting to complete an idea,vision,dream ( to emigrate to OZ ) that I had long before the UK....no wont go there.

I dont think an ageing moron like myself could qualify as an "economic " migrant. At best I and my wife - who would be near her only living blood realative - enter OZ on a Contributary Parent visa. I assume "contributary" still means roughly to contribute ( about A$64k), handover, supply or pay for. So it would appear that our contribution would in a very minor way..help the OZ authority to rest assured we were not about to claim medical or other benefits...nor do we want any.
Sorry, Grayling but I am not sure whether you are in the UK or a brit in Oz, if the latter surely you would not deny others that which you have sought and achieved...and if you are in the UK...you surely know that soon the Oz authorities will be changing the rules to keep out the exedus of brits.
With apologies to the forum members...
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bondipom
Father Jack have you had your morning turps yet?

I agree with your comments. The level of ignorance on assylum is staggering. The UK has a list of countries whose nationals it will listen to regarding assylum claims. Australia is not not on that list.

Back to the OT

Surf, the harbour, the Mrs.

Sorry, Bondipom...
The last bit of my offending post was a bit on the retoric and bad grammer...I had not meant to intimate that Australians would claim to be asylum seekers... I had simply meant to show that compared to the visa stucture operated by Australia - that operated by the UK is basically none existant. As for being an economic migrant, I and my wife have been wanting to emigrate to Australia for over 25 years, but for a number of family reasons we could not simply pack up and leave. The rules are the rules..fine but it is a bit galling when we are ready and able to pay in full and in one hit the fee's for the Contributary Parent visa, that we must wait another 2 years!

May I now, suitably chastised,re-join the forum fold and promise never again to press "submit" without first self editing my post for any none PC content. ( sorry G !)
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hmmmmm, seems I touched a nerve.... sorry :-( did not mean to lose control of myself..however, the main body of my text was to extoll the the virtues of wanting to complete an idea,vision,dream ( to emigrate to OZ ) that I had long before the UK....no wont go there.

I dont think an ageing moron like myself could qualify as an "economic " migrant. At best I and my wife - who would be near her only living blood realative - enter OZ on a Contributary Parent visa. I assume "contributary" still means roughly to contribute ( about A$64k), handover, supply or pay for. So it would appear that our contribution would in a very minor way..help the OZ authority to rest assured we were not about to claim medical or other benefits...nor do we want any.
Sorry, Grayling but I am not sure whether you are in the UK or a brit in Oz, if the latter surely you would not deny others that which you have sought and achieved...and if you are in the UK...you surely know that soon the Oz authorities will be changing the rules to keep out the exedus of brits.
With apologies to the forum members...
Vinny

You caught me in a bad mood.

I have a parent contributory visa myself and although I am in an 'in demand' occupation with a firm offer for a senior post I had to wait until the parent contributory visa was possible before I dare risk moving to Australia and yet my son has been a citizen for a few years.

I will also apologise to you.

However there have been lots of posts on here from people complaining about 'Asylum seekers', immigrants to the UK etc and TBH they are usually based on prejudice and ignorance. Some of us take offence at this and will say so.

Let us hope we can start again.

If I can be of any assistance I will try and help.

I have the visa but am still in the UK and probably will be for a while yet.

Best wishes

G
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:14 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed reading this thread - nice to hear positives for a change (all the way through that is)

Sel x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.