Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I love australia because.......

Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:35 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love australia because.......

[QUOTE=jad n rich]
Originally Posted by JulesandChris

You can get good recipes for crocodile meat.

Queensland Government - Recipes and tips for cooking crocodile meat

Fab link, Has anyone tried the recipie for skewered crocodile

I don't think I've had croc but saw some in my local butcher's at (I think) $35/500g. Is it worth it?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
I don't think I've had croc but saw some in my local butcher's at (I think) $35/500g. Is it worth it?
Tastes like chicken......
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:57 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tastes like chicken......

I'll stick with the chooks then. I 'm still trying to work in my joke into this thread though: "I'll have the crocodile. And make it snappy!"
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Crikey Where do you shop? Ive never seen those prices

We picked up a nice croc marked down to $3.97 or was that $3.98, anyway chucked it on the barbie whole, few sprigs of basil, and did it up with a lettuce salad and fed the family for a fiver.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:12 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by jad n rich

That's what I thought. They wanted the shirt off my back, and an arm. This was at a local butcher shop, nothing fancy. Think I'll look alsewhere.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We picked up a nice croc marked down to $3.97 or was that $3.98, anyway chucked it on the barbie whole, few sprigs of basil, and did it up with a lettuce salad and fed the family for a fiver.
If you fed the family for a fiver, there can't have been much lettuce in it!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If you fed the family for a fiver, there can't have been much lettuce in it!
I'm growing my own
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:16 am
Home and Happy

I'm growing my own
Crafty! Set up one of those roadside stalls, you'll be a millionaire by Easter!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Crafty! Set up one of those roadside stalls, you'll be a millionaire by Easter!
Good idea, bags of it on the side of the road and an honesty box for the coins.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My kids call it home
I have a pool in my yard
I have (made) friends who drop in
I love all the flora and fauna
The fact i can go to beach, city, mountains AND snow all in a couple of hours.

And my new love, THE FOOTIE, 36 days to go, bordy ??
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:49 am
Badge

I love STRAYA because it was as if it was designed for me... All other countries are either hard work, or too complicated, if that makes sense.

I love Australia because it feels, quite simply, RIGHT. I can't put it any other way.

Badge

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:36 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Badge
I love STRAYA because it was as if it was designed for me... All other countries are either hard work, or too complicated, if that makes sense.

I love Australia because it feels, quite simply, RIGHT. I can't put it any other way.

Badge
I haven't lived or worked in any major city in the ES, but here in the West one of the joys is being able to see a huge open sky, uncluttered by TV aerials, electricity pylons or other people's roofs within a short drive of the city
And the scent of gumleaves after rain......move over, Yves St. Laurent..........!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:58 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I love Australia cos it has chilled me out, Right now there are 50 MPH winds outside, the toilet block on the 1st floor is fibro and on stilts and when in the shower earlier I got sick from all the swaying, but in a strange way it is exciting, (a couple of months ago the fear/danger would have had me staying downstairs)

I love goin to small speciality shops for my shopping, the butcher, the greengrocer, the chemist etc etc rather than an hour dash round tescos. I like getting ham and other deli items wraped in paper. I like sitting outside, I like getting up in the morning and the 1st thing I see out of the window is some crazy dood on a windsurf flying up the beach at 100MPH. I love sitting in the garden getting a crook neck from staring at the millions of stars

There are millions of things that I already take for granted but would miss like hell if I were to go back to the UK, so I wont, I'm here and I'm staying here.

Kala.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:16 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

because it's my home (I'm Australian).. and I'm taking by British Hubby there to live very soon.....

I love the smell of eucalpyts on a stinking hot day.. the buzz of the cicadas in summer, the smell of the hot road when it rains, burning by feet on the hot road (I'm a bare foot kind of girl!!), walking around in shorts and t-shirt and no one bothers with a second glance.... watching lorikeets and rosellas getting tipsy on fermenting nectar in the trees (quite funny!!)... going to the beach knowing I'm not gonna freeze to death if I go for a swim!!! Listening to the koel pheasents calling in summer when it's going to rain - love and miss that! Magpies that can actually sing properly... currawongs... cockatoos... kookaburras...

I can't wait to be there so I don't have to listen to bloody great seagulls carrying on ever again!!!

It's going to be soooo nice to be home again... 5 and a bit years in the wilderness is enough for me...

B and Hubby....
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:26 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

I wear flip-flops/thongs and shorts a lot, as do all the males in my family.

When I am wandering round Tescos on a cold, wet and grey UK winters eve in my shorts and flip-flops I get some funny looks.

When in Australia I wore thongs and shorts most of the time come rain or shine, in the cities, in the outback, on the beach and in the mountains and never got a second glance.

This, for me, represents the true meaning of life.

PLUS

I love the cultural diversity, mainly the food, because of all the different immigrant/ethnic groups.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.