Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I knew it was all going too well! :(

I knew it was all going too well! :(

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: I knew it was all going too well! :(

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Paul you really are determined that things will go wrong. Chill man. Put positive head on and keep it there please Stop looking for problems until they find you.

Don't start worrying about the pcc. If people can get in with prison history you can with three minors years ago.

And reeeelaaaax
Hello Penny and thanks, yeah I do need to chill

I'm known for my optimism, but I dunno, just how things have been not so long ago, and how everything is just goin so well at the mo, I'm just waiting

I have several things to still confirm as good as I can about our Masterplan

1) The PCC

2) Both mine and partners health with the Medical

3) WAS the house valuation, but that came back better than expected!

and I guess

4) After a visit to Oz, will it STILL be all we think it will !?!?

Turning into a right worrier me! ....lol
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Hello Penny and thanks, yeah I do need to chill

1) The PCC
I would think you will be fine. As long as you are honest and haven't murdered anyone for drugs in the past few years

2) Both mine and partners health with the Medical
Again, you should be fine but will need all your lady's medical history, reasons, treatment etc to take with you for the meds. She will probably need a second opinion and you might end up with having to get there within six months but it really tends to be an expense and/or dangerous illness problem that causes a refusal

4) After a visit to Oz, will it STILL be all we think it will !?!?
Can't help you with that one but have to leave you with something to worry about
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Yeah my murder charge was a simple fight that got out of hand, no drugs involved!

Joke! .... but I hear you

Yeah I've looked into the Medical a fair bit and I think the other half is gonna need a Psychologist report, but I've been told if she is ok then, then there won't be a prob. Thing is you can't enter your case on some website somewhere and get a yes or no. At the end of the day it's gonna be a 'suck & see' affair really. I'll research as much as I can, but won't know really till we apply for the Visa I guess.

As to Oz and will we still think what we do now. I've said all along I'll go blind. Maybe a stupid attitude, and I might be thanking the missus if we don't like it there as after all the holiday is for HER confirmation. Not that I'll say no to it, but you know what I'm sayin.

We shall see!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"For both types of ETA available through this site, remember that you may not be permitted to enter Australia unless you are in good health and have no criminal convictions. "

From the ETA website.
They cannot check the PNC for convictions, they take it on trust that you are telling the truth. Remember this is on file for when you apply for your PR visa. (mind you, I don't think you will have any problems!)
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Woohoo - flipping ace! Did the other 3 go thru ok too?
Yeah all done now

Originally Posted by Pollyana
"For both types of ETA available through this site, remember that you may not be permitted to enter Australia unless you are in good health and have no criminal convictions. "

From the ETA website.
They cannot check the PNC for convictions, they take it on trust that you are telling the truth. Remember this is on file for when you apply for your PR visa. (mind you, I don't think you will have any problems!)
So as far as this ETA Visa goes, should I be worried? i mean, I DID read that bit about you musn't have a record, and thought this site woulda done some kinda check, but if it's kinda done on trust, then I have lied!

I never got asked on the form tho, but maybe it was for me NOT to reply if I knew
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah all done now

So as far as this ETA Visa goes, should I be worried? i mean, I DID read that bit about you musn't have a record, and thought this site woulda done some kinda check, but if it's kinda done on trust, then I have lied!

I never got asked on the form tho, but maybe it was for me NOT to reply if I knew
Why don't you get your pcc done just for interest sake. You are going to get it done anyway and can always redo it if timescales don't work. Cost a £10 and you will know exactly what comes up. You might think it's worse than it is. No expert, that's Poll but if you have the check you can then contact an agent and ask advice. Don't know if that's good or bad advice, might be talking out of my backside
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:12 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you get your pcc done just for interest sake. You are going to get it done anyway and can always redo it if timescales don't work. Cost a £10 and you will know exactly what comes up. You might think it's worse than it is. No expert, that's Poll but if you have the check you can then contact an agent and ask advice. Don't know if that's good or bad advice, might be talking out of my backside
Sound like a bloody good idea to me, If its good enough for Dimia then must be good enough for an ETA
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Yeah gonna. I had the form here somewhere, but don't know where it is now I printed it off the net so will dig it out after work, which calls now!

Cheers everyone