Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I just got arrested.

I just got arrested.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default I just got arrested.

Going to post the days mail, I made the fatal error of meeting up with a cop car which sat just 10 metres from where the speed changes to 40 from 60klm. Being so close to where the speed changes I had probably only slowed to about 45klm.

So whats the go, do Pauline Hanson and I get to share a cell or how much is the fine, or if I flash my boobies at the cop shop can I get off.

Seriously how much and how many points for 45 in a 40 zone.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Would reckon you'd just get a fine. About $80???
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Would reckon you'd just get a fine. About $80???

$80, umm, not worth flashing at fat coppers for I suppose.

Do you know the funny part on the way back they were sitting on the other side of the road, double dipping eh?

I can see the point in speed guns etc, but when they sit just a few meters outside of a speed change its outright revenue raising, why dont they go an catch a few pedos or something.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:32 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: I just got arrested.

Originally posted by dotty
Going to post the days mail, I made the fatal error of meeting up with a cop car which sat just 10 metres from where the speed changes to 40 from 60klm. Being so close to where the speed changes I had probably only slowed to about 45klm.

So whats the go, do Pauline Hanson and I get to share a cell or how much is the fine, or if I flash my boobies at the cop shop can I get off.

Seriously how much and how many points for 45 in a 40 zone.
last time I got caught speeding I seem to recall I paid about $120. Didn't have any points though... I'm still driving on my British one... amazing what you can around.

Seroiusly thou, I really should go and get my Aussie one, I just haven't got around to it. They'll probably put my points on to an Aussie licence when I get one though... perhaps I'm banned from driving... lol.. Ive had three speeding fines so far, two camera's and one radar.
Bl**DY speed cameras!

There is a site somewhere which lists the points.. try looking around the QLD transport site, perhaps that's were I saw it.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:37 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Too late now, but the trick is to see the sign and decelerate as you approach it, not after it.

In the UK I used to rigidly obey the speed signs until I got on the motorway where I'd do 85/90mph. Over here I just stick to the limit, dunno why.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:40 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by Ceri
last time I got caught speeding I seem to recall I paid about $120. Didn't have any points though... I'm still driving on my British one
how long have you used that ?.

My insurance company would refuse a claim if I didn't get a valid Aus license within the time stated by the law.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by welshpom

My insurance company would refuse a claim if I didn't get a valid Aus license within the time stated by the law.
Some people will do anything to save a few dollars, only to find the expensive insurance they have had for the last few years is no more use than toilet paper for when they try and make a claim and the insurance firm discover they don't have a valid Australian licence.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshpom

6 years, both myself and Hubby... oooh lock us up.

Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:55 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I got pulled over coming back from Bribie doing 73KPH in a 60 zone. Saw some idiot standing in middle of road pointing at me and realised too late it was a radar. He was also going to do me for not having a licence but I confused him with saying I didn't need one as I'mn temporary visa (I was right). He let me drive off with no fine and didn't actually even look at my UK drivers licence - not sure how i got away with that.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

6 years, both myself and Hubby... oooh lock us up.

Cheers

OK, thats one more, Dotty, Pauline, Ceri all in the one cell. Look out next week Bris girls broadcasting from Wacol, or is that the blokes jail?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr
I got pulled over coming back from Bribie doing 73KPH in a 60 zone. Saw some idiot standing in middle of road pointing at me and realised too late it was a radar. He was also going to do me for not having a licence but I confused him with saying I didn't need one as I'mn temporary visa (I was right). He let me drive off with no fine and didn't actually even look at my UK drivers licence - not sure how i got away with that.
Easy isn't it .. same reason why I never got one (first 4 years I was non PR) .. but I've been PR for two years now ... I should have one now. I've even produced my licence at the local cop shop whithin this period.

I'm a crim... Pauline I'm" commin" to join you
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I got stopped for speeding within a couple of weeks of being here, no aussie lisence, no ownership papers for car (in post) but I smiled sweetly and he let me off cos I was a "new Immo" but told me to get it "sorted"

Nice man, very nice man, very very nice man.... Reminded me of the bloke out of "Chips"
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

OK, thats one more, Dotty, Pauline, Ceri all in the one cell. Look out next week Bris girls broadcasting from Wacol, or is that the blokes jail?
naah we'll end up fighting with each other... we need kiwi paul in the cell with us.. we can all pick on him .. lol

Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

It was a male prison but is closed down now. You may be thinking of Brisbane Womens prison in Wacol suburb. Somehow, I don't think you'd want to be broadcasting from Wolston, Arthur Gorrie, or Sir David Longlands prisons (all in Wacol suburb) as they are all mens prisons, unless...

AndyH.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

naah we'll end up fighting with each other... we need kiwi paul in the cell with us.. we can all pick on him .. lol

Cheers
Cut it out, unless he looks like Micheal Hutchence INXS.

Besides can you imagine KP, Oh girls the jail food is soooo scrummy. These dyke tracksuts are so Gucci, the screws are so funny, the beds are all soooooooo comfy. I'd kill him in a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.