Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I Have Just Had A Shock!

I Have Just Had A Shock!

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Have Just Had A Shock!

I have just spoken to my Mum on the phone.

I first told our families about us emigrating in October. Up until now I have always felt that I couldn’t speak to my Mum and Dad about our plans for Australia because they never seemed to want to talk about it. But tonight I mentioned our Kent Meet Up, on the 28th February.

I was so shocked because I got a relaxed reaction and she was very interested and supportive saying what a good idea it was to have people that we can contact once we are there for if we have days when we are homesick. She also felt that this would help us to settle in.

This really meant a lot to me because it means that they are hopefully happy for us. I realise that us leaving is not going to be easy for them either, but at least they are starting to realise that we are doing this for a better future for our children.

Kevin has also found a house that we like on the internet, he is going to show it to them when they are down at the weekend, so we’ll see how long it will last!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kelly,

glad things are working out for you with your folks, mine were a nightmare but as time has gone by, they have mellowed and it's all a lot easier now.

long may it continue!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:34 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Have Just Had A Shock!

Originally posted by Kelly T
I have just spoken to my Mum on the phone.

I first told our families about us emigrating in October. Up until now I have always felt that I couldn’t speak to my Mum and Dad about our plans for Australia because they never seemed to want to talk about it. But tonight I mentioned our Kent Meet Up, on the 28th February.

I was so shocked because I got a relaxed reaction and she was very interested and supportive saying what a good idea it was to have people that we can contact once we are there for if we have days when we are homesick. She also felt that this would help us to settle in.

This really meant a lot to me because it means that they are hopefully happy for us. I realise that us leaving is not going to be easy for them either, but at least they are starting to realise that we are doing this for a better future for our children.

Kevin has also found a house that we like on the internet, he is going to show it to them when they are down at the weekend, so we’ll see how long it will last!
nice one mrs wenger`s parents are still in denial
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:36 pm
WBB

Originally posted by wengerboy
i thought they would be glad to see the back of you.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:40 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

They should really stick to the Luxor hotel swimming pools...much safer...
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:50 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i thought they would be glad to see the back of you.

good to see you flying the flag for wales at mardi gra
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:54 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Florida_03
They should really stick to the Luxor hotel swimming pools...much safer...
good evening 03 to what do i owe the pleasure of your qoute this fine thurs
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:56 pm
WBB

good evening 03 to what do i owe the pleasure of your qoute this fine thurs
me thinks he is trying to be funny.....there is a river in egypt called denial.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:03 pm
Up The Arse!!

so wot`s appenin wbb where da visa at!by the way just converted an aussie into a gooner top fella eh
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future