Reload this Page >

I hate payroll mistakes!!!

I hate payroll mistakes!!!

Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:16 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default I hate payroll mistakes!!!

Yes, who doesn't
this is my first week at my new job and when I get my salary, it has about $120 extra tax!!!

damn, its friday, i have to wait till monday to find why Tax office got $120 extra?!!

did you have any payroll mistakes?!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate payroll mistakes!!!

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Yes, who doesn't
this is my first week at my new job and when I get my salary, it has about $120 extra tax!!!

damn, its friday, i have to wait till monday to find why Tax office got $120 extra?!!

I've had only half my pay in each of my last three payments. Ring payroll each time and complain, and they then pay me the rest a day late. One girl in my office has had to do that every fortnight for the last 3 months. Every fortnight we get promised that its fixed, and every fortnight we end up short again.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:14 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, who doesn't

Have you given them your TFN? If not they are obliged to withhold tax at the top rate.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:16 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wmoore
Have you given them your TFN? If not they are obliged to withhold tax at the top rate.
That could be it.

My husband has only had one mistake so far, but that was when they were switching computer systems.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:55 pm
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough

may you please give me more details about that??
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Have you applied for a Tax File Number and then given it to your company's payroll department? This is the equivalent of a National Insurance number in the UK. If you have started a new job you will have almost certainly been asked to supply one. If you haven't you will be paying extra tax.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 1:17 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Have you applied for a Tax File Number and then given it to your company's payroll department? This is the equivalent of a National Insurance number in the UK. If you have started a new job you will have almost certainly been asked to supply one. If you haven't you will be paying extra tax.
What bcworld said
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is that if that is the case, they'll get it back at the end of the financial year, when they lodge their tax return.
Hopefully!!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 6:59 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

the last time a mistake made for OH it was a substantial overpayment - unfortunately had to inform them, but they were ever so grateful - not!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:25 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by walaj
the last time a mistake made for OH it was a substantial overpayment - unfortunately had to inform them, but they were ever so grateful - not!
I got $800 'rent rebate' in my bank account the other day, from a company I've never paid rent to. What to do, what to do ........