Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I hate living here

I hate living here

Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:27 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I hate living here

We live in Deception Bay next to Redcliffe (Brisbane area) and moved from North East of England.

Haven't seen a single Chav, Slapper or Bling since we got here... there is the odd case of grafitti but nothing major. Teenage kids don't roll around in the street fighting because p*ssed out of their skulls and unable to handle and they actually seem respectfull.

The only thing teenagers here seem to do is they are big into boy racer thing but keep that till dark on roads in middle of nowhere and seem to use their own cars not yours.

So far finding life here much more chilled than UK and still think our son has chance of better life more like UK 20 yrs ago before the politically correct took over... .

They even still let the police thump people who try to assault them.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:40 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
They even still let the police thump people who try to assault them.
Too bad cops cant do that these days in the uk (well they do I suppose since cops of today represent a good part of the riff-raff).

Whats wrong with a good old fashioned clip across the ear if a copper catches you up to no good ? Times have certainly changed, teachers cant teach properly because of disrespect in the classrooms.

Bring back public humiliation to offenders like the stocks in the centre of town. There was a judge in usa who has a like attitude and makes some offenders humiliate themselves in public for their crimes. Guess what.... It works
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:48 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Any chance there is a list of unsafe streets/suburbs in Perth?
I don't know. I just saw an ad this morning for a news program tonight. Not sure which channel but it must be local - 7 or 9. On the news a lot lately, this issue.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:52 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
You can't blame the kids entirely....it just got to be the parents too,
I always blame the parents - that way the kids don't have to take responsiblilty
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:26 pm
Banned

manchesterlad has a spectacular aura aboutmanchesterlad has a spectacular aura aboutmanchesterlad has a spectacular aura about

I honestly don't think anywhere is better than anywhere. The whole world is mad. No discipline, no respect, no manners. I've seen parents...(they don't deserve the title) teaching kids the first words to come out of the mouth being the eff word....hey jimmy, say f..off! the kid, a tot, still in nappies, etc, duly obliges and the parents fall into raptures of grat joy and pride. Pitiful!

I'm from Manchester, there were always dodgy areas as in other cities, and Australia is no different.
Even in a little country town where i am now the crime, thuggery, drugs and so on is out of control. Aboriginals, tongans, viets...all in constant battle and the authorities say we don't warrant a 24 hour police presence here...guess when trouble is....when no police about!
No, Australia is no different, dispel that fallacy before you get here and end with massive diappointment and disillusionment.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manchesterlad
I honestly don't think anywhere is better than anywhere. The whole world is mad. No discipline, no respect, no manners. I've seen parents...(they don't deserve the title) teaching kids the first words to come out of the mouth being the eff word....hey jimmy, say f..off! the kid, a tot, still in nappies, etc, duly obliges and the parents fall into raptures of grat joy and pride. Pitiful!

I'm from Manchester, there were always dodgy areas as in other cities, and Australia is no different.
Even in a little country town where i am now the crime, thuggery, drugs and so on is out of control. Aboriginals, tongans, viets...all in constant battle and the authorities say we don't warrant a 24 hour police presence here...guess when trouble is....when no police about!
No, Australia is no different, dispel that fallacy before you get here and end with massive diappointment and disillusionment.
I have heard that this is a problem about some area's of Perth. I am from a village in Melbourne though and there isn't any of these problems. The most trouble is caused by the Cockies

Would you consider moving area's?
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:48 pm
Banned

manchesterlad has a spectacular aura aboutmanchesterlad has a spectacular aura aboutmanchesterlad has a spectacular aura about

Consider moving? All the bloody time.
I'm in Robinvale...500k's nth of Melbourne.

I've got jobs in Melbourne, livrd in Diamond Ceek, jobs in Bendigo and best of all, jobs in Qld and lived on Redcliffe Peninsula.....what happened. Just couldn't get the wife to move to any of them so off back I trekked to this dump.

Anyway,the house and 25 acres is soon on the market,when we come back from Christmas in UK, the wife has finally woke up?

Anyone interested?!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
I don't care if people agree with me I don't give a S****
I have to vent this, don't read it if this is gong to cause you offence!!!!

Kids have kicked the S*** out of our gate and these are the ones I told last night to sod off and stop climbing over the fence, the kids here are retards, I can't stand it here. Get me out of this place. I have sisters who live in Aus and they say it is not as bad there, role on next f***** year I can't wait I am selling my house for as much as I can get and I am out of here!!!!!

lace xx SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mad!!!! Can'r even have the last bonfire here in peace F******* retard S**** Kids P***** you off evey where you go, I am so sick of these friggin do gooders!!!!
Right first of all chill, i can feel the stress as i am reading this.
You will get the ones saying it is as bad here, so be prepared, but for us we dont, we live south west of Perth, and we have not had any probs, and we have been here a year now, the kids here that i know are fantastic.
On Halloween it was great, better than i expected, kids where lovely.
Sports day last week [inter schools] the kids that won where patting the kids on the back , who came last, i could not believe the sportsmanship.
Manchester - now you have me worried, i know before we left sunny Morecambe there was always somebody getting shot there, it was frightening, and guess what, my son is moving there this week, from London, he has landed a really good job. But he wont be there long because he is coming back here to live.Could you sell your house now, and rent somewhere just outside Manchester,is it an option, there are some lovely places just outside. Hope you feel better for sharing this with us, good luck, Denise
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Kicking someones gate seems pretty minor with what aussie kids have planned this month

http://www.thewest.com.au/20051107/n...sto132661.html
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Consider moving? All the bloody time.
I'm in Robinvale...500k's nth of Melbourne.

I've got jobs in Melbourne, livrd in Diamond Ceek, jobs in Bendigo and best of all, jobs in Qld and lived on Redcliffe Peninsula.....what happened. Just couldn't get the wife to move to any of them so off back I trekked to this dump.

Anyway,the house and 25 acres is soon on the market,when we come back from Christmas in UK, the wife has finally woke up?

Anyone interested?!
Where are you going too
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Kicking someones gate seems pretty minor with what aussie kids have planned this month

http://www.thewest.com.au/20051107/n...sto132661.html
:scared: maybe that's what happens when you leave school aged 18. My girls shall be fitted with a chastity belt well before then
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Where are you going too
Well, believe it or not...the Philippines.

Why? Well, my wife comes from a lovely little island called Camotes.
It's soooooooo quiet, sooooooo laid back, soooooo peaceful.

No crime, no stupidity, people have mutual respect.

It's cheap....eg.....cigs $10 here......same brand 40 cents there.

Beef......up to $20 a kilo here........$4 there.

White goods 25% cheaper and so on.

We built a 2 storey , 4 bedroomed house for $35,000......here, for eg in Melbourne, would cost half a million, easy.

So, we'll spend 6 months there...come back here to do some casual work , travel a bit, go back there.

A couple only needs $10,000 a year to live on, very comfortably.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, believe it or not...the Philippines.

Why? Well, my wife comes from a lovely little island called Camotes.

We built a 2 storey , 4 bedroomed house for $35,000......here, for eg in Melbourne, would cost half a million, easy.

So, we'll spend 6 months there...come back here to do some casual work , travel a bit, go back there.

I am suprised that you never went straight there. It sounds idilic.... PLEASE TAKE ME!!!! ohh and the hubby and 3 kids.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I am suprised that you never went straight there. It sounds idilic.... PLEASE TAKE ME!!!! ohh and the hubby and 3 kids.

It's all a matter of timing.....boys at school but one finishes this month after VCE exams, the other next year. Slowing the business down to finish by next August...selling up...just things to consider then we're off.

Flights to Philippines are only about $1500........see you there!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Well, believe it or not...Australia

We built a 2 storey , 4 bedroomed house for $35,000......here, for eg in UK would cost half a million, easy.

By editing 2 words that became a BBC article on australia Sorry couldnt resist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.