Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I hate flying!!!

I hate flying!!!

Old May 27th 2003, 3:54 pm
plumber39

Default I hate flying!!!

Boarded 8 plane,s last year while in oz,but still can,t get used to them! All that weight,stress on the wing,s wish i know nothing about the principle,s of engineering, then could act dumb!
Beside,s can,t fix them with a monkey wrench when go wrong!!!!

Last edited by plumber39; Jun 1st 2003 at 8:36 am.

Old May 27th 2003, 4:13 pm
plumber39

Or sticky tape!!!

Old May 28th 2003, 10:15 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by plumber39
Or sticky tape!!!

I seriously hate flying, I'm a will i wont i get on sort of person, the kind that looks at the passengers for would be hijackers, the airstewardesses to see if they look nervous etc etc.

Go to your doctors, explain the situation, he will give you a mild sedative that relaxes you, you are aware of whats going on etc but just calms you down a bit, can't remember what it is called but your doctor will know. Good Luck
Old May 28th 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

If you hate flying so much why are you moving to country where in all likelihood you will have to do a lot of flying to get anywhere else? lol.
Old May 28th 2003, 10:24 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Interested
If you hate flying so much why are you moving to country where in all likelihood you will have to do a lot of flying to get anywhere else? lol.

Because I am extremely brave I suppose, still fly every year and been back and forward to Oz a few times, you have to face up to your fears and confront them don't you think otherwise you wouldn't do anything.
Old May 28th 2003, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

very true !!
Old May 28th 2003, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Jeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura about

I jumped into a plane once with a helicopter engineer friend, sat by the wing and he said "blimey, look at those strained rivets" How do you think I felt after that comment!!!

Jerry
Old May 28th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jeztechs
I jumped into a plane once with a helicopter engineer friend, sat by the wing and he said "blimey, look at those strained rivets" How do you think I felt after that comment!!!

Jerry
Old May 29th 2003, 1:32 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: I hate flying!!!

Originally posted by plumber39
Boarded 8 plane,s last year while in oz,but still can,t get used to them! All that weight,stress on the wing,s wish i know nothing about the principle,s of engineering, then could act dumb!
Beside,s can,t fix them with a monkey rench when go wrong!!!!
Don't worry - it's just the taking off and landing bit is the most dangerous.

I can't stand flying myself - scares me to death (actually it's not the flying I'm afraid of - it's the crashing ). I used to fly regularly when I used to live in Asia (around ten times a year)- no getting around it. And it does not get any easier for me no matter how many times I fly.

Some tips don't watch flying disaster documentaries, or plane crash films, or the news before you are due to fly
Get tanked up - no it doesn't work, but any excuse for a p*ss up!
Don't sit next to a relative who likes to take the mick or likes to sleep through the whole flight (harder said than done)

seriously - when taking off or landing try and look out of the window if it's a daytime flight, this sounds a bit weird, but it really does work for me.

cheers
Old May 29th 2003, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The scariest part is taking off by far !!! Landing is great cos its almost over.
Old May 29th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Attempted hijacking of a plane in Melb today!

2 crew stabbed with a piece of wood as a man tried to break into the cockpit. No news on the crew yet but the man was arrested.
Old May 29th 2003, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate flying too. It seems to get worse not better the more I fly. I'm terrified of getting on a plane but know I have to get on with it or I'd never go anywhere. I'm affectionately known at home as a right Bergkamp. If I could get there any other way I would! I must say I'm not looking forward to our flight in September. Lots of good books usually does the trick for me, and a hand to hold on to very tightly when taking off and landing!
Parrot
Old May 29th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont like flying but I tell myself "this time is a one way flight only"

That seems to help alot!

Cheers BooBoo
Old May 29th 2003, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teliko19
Attempted hijacking of a plane in Melb today!

2 crew stabbed with a piece of wood as a man tried to break into the cockpit. No news on the crew yet but the man was arrested.
Said on the news here (BBC), that it was `chopsticks'!!
Old May 29th 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

not entirely sure what it was, think he fashioned himself a pair of stakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.