Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I guess this is goodbye.

I guess this is goodbye.

Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:05 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I guess this is goodbye.

Originally Posted by stevereed
If you gave truthful evidence of what your job entailed and it was accepted under office manager or whatever SOL occupation you used then fine.

If one makes fraudulent statements it could backfire and one's visa could be cancelled if it was discovered. Not suggesting for a minute that you did that but there have also been posts from reputable agents that DIMIA staff do look at this forum.

I never lied and was truthful about what my job entailed. That was my point.

Jo
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:10 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joh117
I never lied and was truthful about what my job entailed. That was my point.

Jo
Thats good news. I was under the impression that when DIMIA look at the recent experience one is applying with, they compare it to the ASCO description for that occupation and the duties should broadly match.

Maybe that's not the case.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:30 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stevereed
If you gave truthful evidence of what your job entailed and it was accepted under office manager or whatever SOL occupation you used then fine.

If one makes fraudulent statements it could backfire and one's visa could be cancelled if it was discovered. Not suggesting for a minute that you did that but there have also been posts from reputable agents that DIMIA staff do look at this forum.
Blimey! In that case, given the 'weird' nature of many of our posts here, I'm surprised they let ANY of us in. They must be really be in tune with the Brit sense of humor, that's all I can say..... :scared:

And while I'm on this thread - very best of luck, Lucy, hang on in there & keep us all posted on how you get on.

Cheers,
Anya.