Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I guess this is goodbye.

I guess this is goodbye.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: I guess this is goodbye.

Originally Posted by lucyb
1299-19 sports adminstrator

is there a way in if you revert back to the skill matching visa you originally lodged for?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:28 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks big time, especially when a previous case officer had confirmed in writing you (and family) were ok

It is a bit of a obvious one, but have you claimed 5 bonus points (eg for the $100k investment).

Has your agent said anything of a way forward? - looking at booklet 6 it says if you are refused you can, if applicable(?), apply for merits review of the decision.

Hope you can find a way forward
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Dear Lucy
I am really sorry to hear about this - you must be so upset at the moment. I hope that you are able to work something out.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:41 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy thomas
is there a way in if you revert back to the skill matching visa you originally lodged for?

Yes we can go to back to the skill matching pool but who knows how long that will take......
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by walaj
That sucks big time, especially when a previous case officer had confirmed in writing you (and family) were ok

It is a bit of a obvious one, but have you claimed 5 bonus points (eg for the $100k investment).

Has your agent said anything of a way forward? - looking at booklet 6 it says if you are refused you can, if applicable(?), apply for merits review of the decision.

Hope you can find a way forward

We were already paying the 100k bond...off to look at booklet 6 now....
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:46 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought, but if you have passed the pool mark your application isnt automatically rejected....I thought your application went into the pool for 2 years - this is from booklet 6 - in case a lower pass mark is set? (it must be a possibility or it woudlnt be in the dimia booklet before anyone shoots me down in flames)
lucy, does the 5 points short mean you only now have 105? (as pass mark for SIR is 110 points)?

I think you need to get a new agent....I cant beleive the agent had the inexperience to allow you to submit your application knowing you wouldnt achieve the pass mark?? If they did, then you must have some way of redress with regards to fees paid etc.

sue
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:47 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I'm really sorry to hear your news.

I hope you find a way to realise your dreams.

Hang in there!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi Lucy,

So sorry to hear about this set-back. Unfortunately I can't give you any advice as there are others more qualified and more experienced on the in's and out's of the DIMIA. I'm sure if anyone on the forum can help then they will do.

Keep your chin up and we'll keep everything crossed for you.

Thinking of you

Warren & Jill

Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

I think you need to get a new agent....I cant beleive the agent had the inexperience to allow you to submit your application knowing you wouldnt achieve the pass mark?? If they did, then you must have some way of redress with regards to fees paid etc.
I have followed your posts both on here and the Adelaidebrits site, and Sue is right, your agent seems to have given you poor advice.

I hope this all sorts itself out and you manage to fulfill your dream.

Goodluck
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by primrose
I have followed your posts both on here and the Adelaidebrits site, and Sue is right, your agent seems to have given you poor advice.

I hope this all sorts itself out and you manage to fulfill your dream.

Goodluck

Im not taking this lying down.....am writing to the SA government to plead my case. We are EXACTLY the sort of migrants they want...young, fit and healthy, hardworking and with a bit of capital behind us...
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts:

- It sounds to me that you may be confusing a State Nomination with a SIR visa sponsorship.

- In any event, with a 50 point occupation your points situation in respect of the original visa application would (in an ideal world) be:

Occupation 50
Age 30
English language 20
Specific work experience 5
Bonus points 5 (assuming you can lodge A$100k)

TOTAL 110

- I don't know the full details of your application, but there are provisions which allow those who have been "pooled" with 110 points to be invited to apply for a SIR visa:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...r_6.htm#pooled

- My guess is that you have been assessed at 105 points, not 110, because you haven't lodged the $100k, and therefore the pathway to the SIR visa discussed at the weblink above isn't available to you ... which I dare say you know already.

- However, without researching the situation more fully I don't know whether you can attain the 110 points by lodging the $100k, and then utilise the pathway to the SIR visa I have just mentioned. Maybe your agent can look into this?

Good luck.

Originally Posted by lucyb
My agent just called and she is as upset as I am. The caseworker has indeed refused our application. Basically we had to initially lodge under the skill matching scheme so that we had something lodged before Haydn turned 30 on July 13. In the meantime we applied for state nomination from SA and that came back very quickly. Great we thought...we can now apply for SIR. Haydn turned 30 and I believe we actually lodged our SA application around July 30. This was all ok, we were assured that there would be no problem as we had something lodged before his 30th. Howver now DIMIA are saying that they are two seperate visas (duh-as if we didnt know that) and we cannot transfer them, therefore they can only use the date of lodgment for the SIR visa and we are then 5 MEASLEY BLOODY POINTS SHORT and therefore REFUSED. Thats it. case closed. bloody bastards. These are peoples lives they are messing and toying with. How cruel is that after we spent all that money, the rest of our savings. flying out to Adelaide and falling in love with it. So now we have nothing. No savings and our dreams are ruined. I am devestated and heartbroken and cannot stob sobbing. My agent, bless her is trying to tempt us with NZ, but we have our hearts set on Adelaide. Life is so cruel.

And you know what else pisses me off? If Id known we had no chance, I would have not spent all our savings trying and therefore could have had a longer maternity leave with Toby.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:21 am
Cheeky

Lucy,

Im so sorry to hear about this and I hope you sort it out.

Regards, Cheeky

Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
My thoughts:

- It sounds to me that you may be confusing a State Nomination with a SIR visa sponsorship.

- In any event, with a 50 point occupation your points situation in respect of the original visa application would (in an ideal world) be:

Occupation 50
Age 30
English language 20
Specific work experience 5
Bonus points 5 (assuming you can lodge A$100k)

TOTAL 110

- I don't know the full details of your application, but there are provisions which allow those who have been "pooled" with 110 points to be invited to apply for a SIR visa:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...r_6.htm#pooled

- My guess is that you have been assessed at 105 points, not 110, because you haven't lodged the $100k, and therefore the pathway to the SIR visa discussed at the weblink above isn't available to you ... which I dare say you know already.

- However, without researching the situation more fully I don't know whether you can attain the 110 points by lodging the $100k, and then utilise the pathway to the SIR visa I have just mentioned. Maybe your agent can look into this?

Good luck.
Isn't Alan a treasure - use him whenever you can folks! I was very sorry to read your original posts Lucy but I like your 'pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again attitude'. I agree, you are both exactly what they will be looking for in SA so good luck with whatever you do next as Alan and others have given you hope that you can eventually get there. 'Don't dream it's over'.

OzTennis
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy, you poor soul, you have my sympathy.
As OzTennis says - don't dream its over. Is it possible to get Alan or someone to take your case on?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:02 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say sorry to read about your set back(and thats all it is -a set back .Not the end)

Hopefully Alan has given you something to go with to the next step.

I would guess SA would be more receptive to any contact then other states(although I know DIMIA have last say)

All the best keep plugging away at them.Show them you are the type that they would welcome in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.