Reload this Page >

I give up - please let it end

I give up - please let it end

Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default I give up - please let it end

Guys,

I've had enough, they've worn me down, I can take no more.

Please Please Please lets just get the rugby world cup over with. Let Australia win and I'll listen to the hilarious comments at work next week and laugh along then I can get back to my new life here.

I was prepared for a bit of Pom bashing, I was prepared for the fact I come from a country that's rubbish at sport and hence I'll have to develop a thick skin.

I wasn't prepared for this though. Every day without fail there are wall to wall articles in the media here having a bash at England and it's people

IM BORED OF BEING TOLD WE'RE BORING !!!!

I would say think up something new, but when they do it starts to get a little more personal. I'm tired of being told we don't wash.(Would that be acceptable if for instance it was directed at gay people or muslims, or lebanese people). You expect it from idiots, but not the broadsheets.

I'm trying to start up a new life here with my family. We are told that we must try to 'assimilate'. Well I hope 'assimilating' doesn't mean I'm to condone subjecting people from other overseas countries to this sort of abuse every time they come to these shores for a sporting event. I certainly wouldn't tolerate my son behaving in that manner to other poeple wherever they are from.

At the end of this tournament we are going to have it shoved in our faces that Australia put on a hell of a show for the world, and by and large they did. Can we really say though that they made EVERY country welcome to the party?

I realise that every country has its bigots and halfwits, England more than most (as will will regretably discover in Portugal next summer), and I was prepared for Australia to be no exception. I wasn;t however expecting them to be working for the Sydney Morning Herlald or The Australian.

I've finished
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeze! Get over it mate! We are living with ozzies and we are being ragged like theres no tomorrow, but its all in fun. The game was boring, but hey we won, so who cares?

Our family have invited over loads of people over for saturday night (i think we ARE the sport) and are real okkas!, i say " Bring it on" its sport, not life or death

Have fun!!!!!

Last edited by hevs; Nov 20th 2003 at 11:36 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

had this sent to me three times by different ozzies today! Arn't there any better ones???

A guy walks into a bar with a dachshund under his arm. The dog
is
wearing an England rugby jersey and is festooned with England
pom-poms.

The bartender says, "Hey! No pets are allowed! You'll have to
leave."

The guy begs him, "Look, I'm desperate! We're both big fans, the
TV's
broken at home, and this is the only place around where we can
see
the
game After securing a promise that the dog will behave, and warning
him
that he and the dog will be thrown out if there's any trouble,
the
bartender
relentsand allows them to stay in the bar and watch the game.
The big game begins with the poms receiving the kickoff. They
march
down field, get stopped at the 22, and kick a penalty goal.
Suddenly,the
dog jumps up on the bar and begins walking up and down the bar
giving
high-fives to everyone. The bartender says, "Wow, that is the most amazing thing I've
seen!

What does the dog do if they score a try?
The owner replies, "I don't know, I've only had him for three
years."
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:35 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A good joke is funny the first time. Second ok, third time indifference, 200th time starts to send the most tolerant bonkers.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by bondipom
A good joke is funny the first time. Second ok, third time indifference, 200th time starts to send the most tolerant bonkers.
i aready am (bonkers, that is!!! )
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:42 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: I give up - please let it end

So you are not going to watch "Today, Tonight" tonight? It was advertised yesterday for tonight ( no not the night before last) ..lol . Tonight's story is being advertised as " The Aussies take on the cup's worst whingers" (referring to England), not me who said it - this is "Today, Tonight" tonight's story on the box.

Is that confusing enough.

cheers

P.S Do you think if they win that will be the end of it??? I've been here since they last won the world cup.. "aren't we the best ever".. "England may be number one in world rankings but we are really number one - we are world champions" "Northern rugby is rubbish, not like our rugby"
They will not let you forget it.Win or lose

If you do win the final be prepared to get bagged too... win or lose you are not going to escape from the comments.

Don't care who I offend by saying this, but I have always found the Aussies are the worst winners and the worst losers when it comes to sport. I do not know which is the worst, being a bad loser or a bad winner.

You think you've got it bad? You should feel sorry for the kiwi's here, they haven't stopped winding them up yet here at work. Did you see what Gregan said on the pitch to the kiwi's? No it was not the words "good game boys"
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:55 pm

We are whinging about them whinging about the whingers.

Today Tonight is the worst pretend to be serious TV I have ever seen. All these single mum, lesbo, lebo, car thieving battlers, scrounging dole bludgers on diets who are un Australian. Thats just the first story.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:58 pm
WBB

Today Tonight is the worst pretend to be serious TV I have ever seen. All these single mum, lesbo, lebo, car thieving battlers, scrounging dole bludgers on diets who are un Australian. Thats just the first story.

sounds like an episode of jerry springer.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:07 am

Originally posted by welshboybilly
sounds like an episode of jerry springer.

It is supposed to be a serious current affairs program but soup diets and whinging poms obviously more important than the international war on terror.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

What a lot of raw pawns you are, look at the sponsorships and decide who's yanking which chains:

Money makes the World Cup go round

I imagine few posting here are actually playing in any of the cup teams so what's all the excitement about?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:19 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Prefer channel 9's one myself "current affairs". Stories on Today, tonight usually consist of "taste tests" "where's the cheapest supermarket" .. very rarely watch it, unless they happen to have a decent story on there.
It seems as if they are advertising all the time.. ie "new products" - I wonder if they get backhanders for it off some of these manufactures.

cheers
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:37 am

Originally posted by Ceri
Prefer channel 9's one myself "current affairs". Stories on Today, tonight usually consist of "taste tests" "where's the cheapest supermarket" .. very rarely watch it, unless they happen to have a decent story on there.
It seems as if they are advertising all the time.. ie "new products" - I wonder if they get backhanders for it off some of these manufactures.

cheers
Backhanders and extra advertising are the order of the day. In the UK the industry is more tightly regulated. ACA is better but still a pile of crap and tends to play on people emotions and prejudices rather than facts.

If you played a drinking contest at each mention of un-australian or battler you would be blind drunk watching the programs.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

at that time its either 2UE or 2GB - sports show between 6-8.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

africand is an unknown quantity at this point

Its just a game of Rugby - isnt it?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:21 am
WBB

Originally posted by africand
Its just a game of Rugby - isnt it?

said like a true welshman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.