Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Don't be daft...
Oh, I wanted to be daft too......
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:52 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merleoberon
maybe so - but what is the point of it all?? I am employed by the government, I don't get any benefits, I don't work from home or have a home office, I don't claim travel, I don't claim work gear, I don't pay for child care etc etc. every year I fill in a tax return - why? nothing is due and nothing is owed. its a complete waste of time and effort - unless of course you are an H&R Block franchisee. I can see the point for the self employed or those who work from home etc - but not for the rest of us.
It's changing. For peeps with uncomplicated tax affairs they're looking at a system where they send you a summary of you're payments (income and tax) and you just sign and send back.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willamos
[/COLOR]

Yes, it would, but someone (like me) would voice a complaint about Australian life which someone else would try to pull to pieces PURELY because it is a criticism of Australia, something like the shops aren't as good, which is one of a number of things I think you have to be a die-hard Godzoner to try to contest.

Then someone like Hutch will appear, ridicule the person who made the complaint about Australia and an argument has begun.
Agreed. Sadly the same can be true of a positive Aussie post. Someone will pull it apart.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:00 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Actually, your posting of a link for a mental health site was well below the belt. It is not about feeling sorry for the man, I just think a bit more thought about the situation he is in, is warranted. I disagree strongly with a lot of what he says but the fact is, there are people on this forum who will agree with him on some counts and some on all. He can be quite vitriolic at times but nonetheless, his viewpoints have validity.
I am what may be termed a Godzoner fwiw......
Forgive me for my retaliation to the previous insulting behaviour - aimed not just at me but at others as well. I am human after all. And I didnt make a comment about any williamos being mentally ill - I actually said "apparent depression" and the posting of the website was to promote the fact that help is out there for those that need it. Depression is no laughing matter.

Originally Posted by kporte
To be fair, I think it can be very difficult to see anothers viewpoint sometimes. I think we all do it. I think some level of smart arseness or fun poking is acceptable on a place like this but it can be taken too far. I think that happened in this instance. I'm pretty sure I will have done it myself and I know you have It would be nice to have a thread where we could all discuss life in Australia, rationally, honestly and without agenda......
I have stated several times that I have no problem with people who like the UK or any other place. I have a problem with being insulted because of my views. Thats all.

Originally Posted by willamos
Thanks kporte.

She is one of these people who gets outraged if you're rude to her but sees no issue with being rude and insulting towards you. She actually doesn't seem to grasp that she's doing it though.
Like I said - reap what you sow. You're rude to me - i defend myself. I am perfectly aware when I am being rude as I only ever do it when it is in response to someone being rude to me or in support of someone who has been insulted unnecessarily.

This whole thing has become rather pathetic. I cant believe I'm even bothering to continue. Say your worst. I'm over it!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:05 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Forgive me for my retaliation to the previous insulting behaviour - aimed not just at me but at others as well. I am human after all. And I didnt make a comment about any williamos being mentally ill - I actually said "apparent depression" and the posting of the website was to promote the fact that help is out there for those that need it. Depression is no laughing matter.

I have stated several times that I have no problem with people who like the UK or any other place. I have a problem with being insulted because of my views. Thats all.

Like I said - reap what you sow. You're rude to me - i defend myself. I am perfectly aware when I am being rude as I only ever do it when it is in response to someone being rude to me or in support of someone who has been insulted unnecessarily.

This whole thing has become rather pathetic. I cant believe I'm even bothering to continue. Say your worst. I'm over it!
Suits me, ponydrama.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

As Polly said a few pages ago, cut out the name calling now. Any more and the thread will be closed and offenders will have their posting priviledges removed.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I actually said "apparent depression" and the posting of the website was to promote the fact that help is out there for those that need it. Depression is no laughing matter.
How about Trolls Anonymous? They must have a website.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Budawang
Helpful.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:52 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Wow, I can hardly stop laughing.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering some people just can't help themselves, I'll help and close the thread.

I suggest you all take a nice long read of the site rules - particularly 1 and 4.