Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I don't believe it!!!!!!!

I don't believe it!!!!!!!

Old Jan 16th 2003, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default I don't believe it!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
Got a letter from Adelaide this morning, asking us to deposit the $100,000 in a government bond.

Mash you asked what we would be like when we heard, well Im shaking, i feel sick, most of all does this mean we will definitely get our visas!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god!!!!!!!!!

good luck to everyone else waiting

c-ya Dave and Yve
Old Jan 16th 2003, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Well done!!! Looks promising. Friends were asked to deposit the dosh and got their visas pretty soon afterwards!
Fingers crossed, CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

jaymek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I don't believe it!!!!!!!

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Everyone
Got a letter from Adelaide this morning, asking us to deposit the $100,000 in a government bond.

Mash you asked what we would be like when we heard, well Im shaking, i feel sick, most of all does this mean we will definitely get our visas!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god!!!!!!!!!

good luck to everyone else waiting

c-ya Dave and Yve
Congrats on your news,just sent off our medicals fingers crossed won't be long for us and everyone else
mekayla
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mike & karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave & Yve

Excellent news, well done, we are really pleased for you.

We have also got some good news, we received our pre-grant letter this morning. We are in a state of shock!!!

Just sold our house this week, will be looking to go 1st week in Febuary.

Its my son's birthday today, so we will be going out to get a few drinks.

I can not beleive that we are looking to get flights and this time in 3 weeks we could be in Australia.

Keep in touch.

Mike & Karen
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Mike & karen
Hi Dave & Yve

Excellent news, well done, we are really pleased for you.

We have also got some good news, we received our pre-grant letter this morning. We are in a state of shock!!!

Just sold our house this week, will be looking to go 1st week in Febuary.

Its my son's birthday today, so we will be going out to get a few drinks.

I can not beleive that we are looking to get flights and this time in 3 weeks we could be in Australia.

Keep in touch.

Mike & Karen
Thanks guys
Mike and Karen, good news all round, finally it has hit me, I can't believe how things are gonna get moving at last. I went out for a walk with the dog and my friend I couldn't even string two words together, not because of drink either!!!!! Can't wait till our kids get home from school. They will be so excited,
it's real!!!!!!!!!

c-ya yve

thanks now for congrats, might not be able to type later!!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

stodge is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind me asking, what government bond is this?

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by stodge
If you don't mind me asking, what government bond is this?

Thanks

Don't mind at all,
We needed an extra 5 points as my husband is over 40. To acquire these points you can deposit AS$100,000 in a government investment bond. For the minimum of 12 months, yes you do get it back.
hope this helps
c-ya Yve
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

It's great news you must be feeling great too!

Can I ask how long they give you to raise the cash? We'll be doing the same and don't know whether to raise the money now and put it away (dangerous with us!) or wait until we get the go ahead.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by remmie1
Can I ask how long they give you to raise the cash?

Hi remmie,
It was a fantastic feeling to finally know we had not been forgotten, but now its gone to " oooohhhhh s**t" ,got to get the house ready to flog and a million other things to sort out.
Thanks to friends on this and other sites about oz, we knew that
when you get the letter from oz house, you only get 49 days to lodge the money in your chosen bond.:scared:
Yes thats right,49 days !!!!.So we arranged a remortgage several months ago which is sitting waiting for us to take up, which when we activate it, can be transferred to our web based account ready for electronic transfer to the bond.
Only slight snag is that we have just checked our chosen bond for WA and all the details have changed in the new booklet !!
If I were u I would get your dosh sorted now, but put it on hold untill you need it, that way u wont be tempted.
(halifax were great with us)
Never mind, better get on and email them for the new details.
Hope this helps, and keep smiling.By the time the money goes in it will be 20 months.(Transferred london applicants)
CUL8TR
Dave & Yve
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Abergas- any hints on how i can bribe my way in........

Still waiting...

Grub
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grub
Congrats Abergas- any hints on how i can bribe my way in........

Hi grub,
I find it helps having a picture of Baldbutts in my empty wallet!!!!!
L8TRS
Dave & Yve
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with it all. Hope all goes well.
Pott
Old Jan 16th 2003, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abergas
Originally posted by remmie1
Can I ask how long they give you to raise the cash?

Hi remmie,
It was a fantastic feeling to finally know we had not been forgotten, but now its gone to " oooohhhhh s**t" ,got to get the house ready to flog and a million other things to sort out.
Thanks to friends on this and other sites about oz, we knew that
when you get the letter from oz house, you only get 49 days to lodge the money in your chosen bond.:scared:
Yes thats right,49 days !!!!.So we arranged a remortgage several months ago which is sitting waiting for us to take up, which when we activate it, can be transferred to our web based account ready for electronic transfer to the bond.
Only slight snag is that we have just checked our chosen bond for WA and all the details have changed in the new booklet !!
If I were u I would get your dosh sorted now, but put it on hold untill you need it, that way u wont be tempted.
(halifax were great with us)
Never mind, better get on and email them for the new details.
Hope this helps, and keep smiling.By the time the money goes in it will be 20 months.(Transferred london applicants)
CUL8TR
Dave & Yve
Dave & Yve
Many thanks for the info - it's really helpful. Great idea about arranging the money and putting it on hold - it really wouldn't be safe with us - we'd probably spend it whilst trying to relieve the boredom of waiting! We get stoopid like that sometimes!

I think I can understand that "oh sh******t!" feeling. You want it so badly but when it gets closer you realise how big it is - I am talking about the visa! It's how you look at it isn't it? Some days I feel, what's the big deal, we've moved around this country and the locals aren't always that friendly/house move wasn't easy etc other days I get a funny feeling in my stomach - my husband thinks it's wind.

Thanks again for your help, it's fantastic news for you, enjoy the ride - I'm sure it'll be a smooth one.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

stodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't mind at all,
We needed an extra 5 points as my husband is over 40. To acquire these points you can deposit AS$100,000 in a government investment bond. For the minimum of 12 months, yes you do get it back.
hope this helps
c-ya Yve
AUS$100,100

*faints*
Old Jan 17th 2003, 6:03 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

I find it helps having a picture of Baldbutts in my empty wallet!!!!!

Is that the piccy of me naked on top of the Eiffel Tower (after my sky-diving mis-calculation)

BB-congrats Davey N Yve