I did not go

Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi debs
sorry to hear your little un was too poorly to fly - as you say health is more important. The advice about using a steam inhalation is excellent - a couple of doctors on our ward advised me to use them to clear my cold and sinusitis and it worked a treat! much better than drugs!!!
hope all goes well for tuesday...

sue

ps having a bad day cos we had to take one of the twins to a and e this morning after finding him swigging calpol from the bottle!! think he spilt most of it, but my heart raced for a while!!!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:37 am
Lorna Griffiths

So sorry you're little one is not well. I have a litle one and there really is nothing worse (i don't think) than kiddies being poorly. Don't know youre whole story i'm new to this site and just having a look around. We are planning to emmigrate to NZ in the next year. Hope all goes well for you and your family in the future.

Lorna :PARTY:

Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:54 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: I did not go

Originally posted by debsy
Hi there.

I am still here I could not fly today as my daughter was unwell. She did seem to have become better, then at around 6pm last night she had very high temp that would not go down. I had to call to the doctor out who said that we would not be able to fly as she had severe dose of the flu, and we were due to leave at 04.00 so there was no way we would be ableto go. It is now 08.00 and she still has a high temp depsite giving loads of medicine.

I called Singapore Airlines in Sydney as everywhere else was closed and the girl I spoke to was really helpful and she is trying to get us on the flight for tuesday. I will speak to the local singapore airlines office when it opens at 09.00 here.

We are very dissapointed as we had been looking forward to going for months and as we are validating out time there was limited anyway.

Anyway, will let you know what happens. Just hoping that my youngest (7) doesnt go down with it before tuesday now.

regards
Debs
What thouroughly rotten beastly luck. Good luck on Tuesday.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:58 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi Debs

Good luck, hope daughter gets better soon.

Jill

Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. We are on the waiting list from Singapore to Brisbane. Istanbul to singapore is confirmed - we just have to hope that we will be able to fly now from singapore.

Keep you informed.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Sue - same thing happened to us once! You have to have eyes in the back of your head. Hope that he is ok.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Debsy

What awful luck, fingers crossed for Tuesday. Hope your daughter gets better soon.

footie chick x
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I did not go

Best of Luck Debsy for Tuesday and I hope your daughter is better
Buglegirl
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks footie & bugle. Just keeping our fingers crossed now for the seats to be ok as we are on standby from Sing to bris. Daughter is much better today.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks footie & bugle. Just keeping our fingers crossed now for the seats to be ok as we are on standby from Sing to bris. Daughter is much better today.

Glad to hear she's feeling better.....by Tuesday she should be as right as rain......fingers, toes and everything else crossed!!!!!

Petra
Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:29 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with the flight hope everything goes well for you this time.
Fingers crossed for you, all the best

John, Pauline and Family.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Just waiting now as Singapore Airlines is closed until monday so I am getting really nervous waiting to find out if we can fly for definate or not. Wont have any nails left by the time I get there
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:20 am
ABCDiamond

Glad to hear she is OK again, and hope everything goes OK with the flights.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 8:49 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishing you all the best of luck with the flights Debsy.