Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can't wait to join in but when to start the big ball rolling!?

I can't wait to join in but when to start the big ball rolling!?

Old May 11th 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road
Cool I can't wait to join in but when to start the big ball rolling!?

Hi everyone

I have been on the expats forum for a while, mostly reading with a few posts. I am really eager to get the ball rolling with the whole application process, even to the point that I have gone to work and asked them to help me find out about an internal transfer The thing is that I know that I can't formally apply for my points till a year in October but I am sure that there must be things that I can organise before then and it would make me feel like I was actually heading somewhere rather than this terrible limbo I feel like I am in just now! Has anyone got any hints for a Aussie Wallabie, sorry Wannabie!
Old May 11th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I can't wait to join in but when to start the big ball rolling!?

Just one word of advice - if you've got a property to sell get it on the market sooner rather than later!!!!
welcome to the mad house by the way!
rach x
Old May 11th 2004, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I can't wait to join in but when to start the big ball rolling!?

Thanks for the welcome! I was hoping that I would be able to leave the house selling till after I had received the nod or not, I'm not really sure how long you get between that and having to finally be out there. Isn't there usually enough time then? Aswell as that I am rather lucky in that I have a brother over there that would be quite willing to put me up for a while until I got myself sorted out