Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I can't believe it, you won't believe it, 12 months and .......

I can't believe it, you won't believe it, 12 months and .......

Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:27 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default I can't believe it, you won't believe it, 12 months and .......

I GOT A JOB !!!

Wow.... I did it.... I did it...I did it.....

Start on 2nd March working for Telstra. Permanent !!!!!!!!!!

I can live again!!!!!

I can have friends!!!!!!!!

I don't have to share my life with this computer !!!!!!!!!

I did it... I did it.... I did it.....

12 months of writing all those hundreds of letter and it's finally paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought it would happen!!!!!!!!

It wasn't easy though. I had to do a test, and have a sight and hearing test yesterday. I sat in the hot and sweaty booth for what seemed like eternity pressing a button when I heared a sound, which I wasn't sure was real, or if it was the sound of my heart beating!!! I came out thinking I was deaf, I heard nothing but must have pressed the button at the right times!!!???

I walking in the air............ I can have money!!!!
Have a drink on me!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:31 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe it, you won't believe it, 12 months and .......

many congrats

are you still planning on returning to the UK?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Janeyray!!! Thats soooooo good! Must feel wonderful after waiting all this time!
Enjoy the moment!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:51 am
Badge

Good on ya!!!

Badge

Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:15 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Janey,

:PARTY:

That news give a lot of hope to us newbies, planning to head to Perth this year. Now I know if I stick with it something will come up eventually.

Does this change your decision to return to the UK ?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Good stuff Janey. After reading your recent posts you'd better watch yourself, because I reckon Australia's starting to grow on you. Could it be because you've been out there doing things and living a bit?

PS I reckon your post on making more of what you have instead of just leaping into the big move is an excellent early candidate for next year's British Expats awards.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:24 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walaj
many congrats

are you still planning on returning to the UK?

Wow janeray..........congratulations and celebrations......but I second the question above....if you enjoy the job are you staying? No mean question....I wanted to go 'home' every day every month....and then one day it 'worked' (loads of reasons).

Anyway enjoy enjoy and even more enjoy your working day

cheers sandra
Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Ohhhhhh jane well done thats great Hey we must do coffee before you start , see you next monday Hopefully aircon will be back on at whitfords and i can drink coffee in comfort . Well done
Joanne
Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:35 pm
pan
Just Joined

pan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up pennies in your pocket

Congratulations on getting a job. It sounds like you've had a long hard slog to get something and still retain your sanity.

Now you are independently solvent life will definitely seem brighter. A bit of spending power is what every adult need.

Good perserverance on your part.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Janeyray!!!!! :PARTY:
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Oh, well done!!!! Congratulations.
You know in this country it's not what you know but who you know, reckon you could put a good word in??????

All the best for when you start

Loopy
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Janeray
all the very best for the 2nd!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:02 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Good news hey! For all those wondering if it changes my mind about leaving... no, it's something to stop me going insane!! It will certainly help finacially as we save towards our return.

It will also be great to actually get out there and meet people, the last 12 months have flown by but I'am suprised because being as bored as I have been you'd have thought it would have dragged?

I will be a CBD person, travelling to the city to work!!

It may take months to sell our property, so working here will be a bonus when trying to get employment back in the UK. I think my working experience here will certainly count in England where as it doesn't seem to work that way round here?

Jo... Yes lets meet for coffee, I may be soooooo busy after the 2nd!!!! I will email.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:04 pm
home again, home again

Originally posted by Dawn Adams

PS I reckon your post on making more of what you have instead of just leaping into the big move is an excellent early candidate for next year's British Expats awards.
Yeh, maybe I should get 'jumping kangeroos' !!?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:05 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hurray for you!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.