Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I AM NEW MEMBER, PLEASE HELP ME.

I AM NEW MEMBER, PLEASE HELP ME.

Old May 14th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Smile I AM NEW MEMBER, PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi
My names Mandy, my husband is Matthew who is a builder and we have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. We have just completed our TRA and are now waiting for my husband to do the practical in july.
Have never been to Oz, so any information on places would be great. Looking for somewhere family friendly and anyone else whom have children around same age as mine.
Come from East Yorkshire, so would be great to hear from anyone whom lives near my area!!!
Hope i have wrote this message ok. Lets hope i get some replys.
Mandy
Old May 14th 2008, 12:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I AM NEW MEMBER, PLEASE HELP ME.

First off, welcome to the mad house. You'll get loads of useful info, as well as some not so useful Have a good look round, there's the immigration forum which is great and full of informative people, oh and have a look at the meet up section, there may be a meet happening somewhere near you that you can get involved with.

As for places to live We would need a bit more to go on than family friendly If you look at the pink toolbar under the blue one, there's a search button, go to advanced and type in a state capital and you'll have more info than you can shake a stick at, try to narrow it down a bit. Obviously it will depend on work mainly but I suggest you make a list of what you want, what you think you'd like, what you'd hate etc and you should be able to come to some conclusions.

Everyone has an opinion on a place and they are never the same as other peoples

Good luck, it will get clearer eventually, honest
Old May 14th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hello - just wanted to say hi and welcome to B.E, good luck with it all
Old May 14th 2008, 1:06 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
My names Mandy, my husband is Matthew who is a builder and we have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 7months. We have just completed our TRA and are now waiting for my husband to do the practical in july.
Have never been to Oz, so any information on places would be great. Looking for somewhere family friendly and anyone else whom have children around same age as mine.
Come from East Yorkshire, so would be great to hear from anyone whom lives near my area!!!
Mandy
Warmest greetings extented to you & yours .

good luck
Old May 14th 2008, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE.

You will find lots of people who will either help you, or find someone who can.

M
Old May 14th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Hi Mandy and family. It's a hard decision where to settle and am sure you'll get plenty of advice on here. Personally, I researched the main cities, wrote pros and cons on the weather, the industry, proximity to beach etc. By doing this I decided the climate in Perth was more favourable, they also have a large industrial petrochemical industry (for OH's job) and most places were within minutes from gorgeous beaches for my two young boys. It seems to be more family orientated, especially as mine are so young (6 & 8). I soon realised I couldn't afford to live near the city so decided on Secret Harbour as it's near (ish) to my husbands proposed work. Try to list what's important to you and decide where ticks most boxes. Hope some of that helps. Good luck with everything. x
Old May 14th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

NatD1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Mandy and welcome!

ShoreyM - can I ask where you did most of the research??? Did you just Google, or did you use BE as your main source of information?
Old May 14th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Hi
I have done alot of research on google, books and emigrate newspaper which i get every month.

Have only just come accross this website a couple of days ago.

How about you?
Old May 14th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

NatD1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the moment - it's been from a few friends that have already made the move to Oz (one in Melbourne, and one in Sydney).

Was using Go Matilda website but there seems to be more activity and information on here.

Also met a few people via work that live in Oz and do the same job as me here so they are invaluable contacts for me!

Can you give me more information about the Emigrate Newspaper??? Where can you subscribe?
Old May 14th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Go on the website outboundpublishing.com or if you cant get on it go on it through google and it will direct you to subscribe. About £20 for one years subscription.
I swear by it, has been a great help to me.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Originally Posted by NatD1978

ShoreyM - can I ask where you did most of the research??? Did you just Google, or did you use BE as your main source of information?

I just used to google things like "where to live in Australia" etc and through the sites and other links just read as much as I could. I'm quite a newie to this site to be honest.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:38 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Mandy
Hi Mandy and welcome. We already have our visa and OH is a builder too. We are going to Queensland eventually, not sure what part yet though.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
What is the work like in QLD for builders? is there much about do you know?
Mandy
Old May 14th 2008, 5:48 pm
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mandy from another Mandy who also lives in East Yorkshire and is married to a builder!

I have pm'd you.
Old May 14th 2008, 6:51 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
What is the work like in QLD for builders? is there much about do you know?
Mandy
I have no idea really, will wait and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.