Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am back (for a while)

I am back (for a while)

Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am back (for a while)

Just a quick note to say that we haven't been on here for a few weeks as we got so fed up with waiting for the house to sell we threw some bags in the car and went on a road trip to avoid thinking about things.

But 2 hours ago we finally exchanged (after 15 weeks) and it is all systems go. We have just collected tickets for our flights to Singapore on 14th Oct, 5 nights accomodation at the Swissotel Stamford and onwards flights to Perth on 20th October (Singapore Airlines).

Our leaving party is on the 8th October and the shippers are coming tomorrow and Thursday. So the computer will be packed away some time tomorrow and we will only have chance to come on here occassionally for a few weeks while with parents etc.

How about everyone else we used to spend hours chatting to on here? How are you all doing? (We are being lazy rather than trawl 3 weeks of postings to find out for myself!!!)

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am back (for a while)

WORZEL!!!!!

So nice to hear from you (and Sam as well of course). We got our visa last Friday (yahooo!), after 5 months and 16 days.

Yesterday I booked our validation trip to Perth for after Christmas.

I have losts of questions for you about the shippers. Will pm you.

Really glad that the house sale finally went through and that you've got everything booked for the trip out. Were are you staying in Perth until your container arrives.

Bet you're excited and nervous.

Gina
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Just a quick note to say that we haven't been on here for a few weeks as we got so fed up with waiting for the house to sell we threw some bags in the car and went on a road trip to avoid thinking about things.

But 2 hours ago we finally exchanged (after 15 weeks) and it is all systems go. We have just collected tickets for our flights to Singapore on 14th Oct, 5 nights accomodation at the Swissotel Stamford and onwards flights to Perth on 20th October (Singapore Airlines).

Our leaving party is on the 8th October and the shippers are coming tomorrow and Thursday. So the computer will be packed away some time tomorrow and we will only have chance to come on here occassionally for a few weeks while with parents etc.

How about everyone else we used to spend hours chatting to on here? How are you all doing? (We are being lazy rather than trawl 3 weeks of postings to find out for myself!!!)

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Well done!!!!! What a relief that must be after all the waiting. Good luck with the move, hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Keep us up to date with how you are doing when you get there

Tracey
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Great news, all systems go now. Have a good trip.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Hi guys, glad to hear your all well, and congratulations on the house sale, and wish you all the luck in Oz.
We have now sold ours, and are now living with the inlaws until we go early January. Can't wait to go now, I just feel like these last couple of months are really gonna drag All the best to you anyway, and have a safe journey. FBxx
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:31 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Hi,
We are sooooo happy for you all Its been a hell of a journey for you and now your new life awaits you
All the very best of luck to you all
Jane x
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:33 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Good to hear from you Iain, wondered where you'd got to!

Great news re the house, that's one thing we're NOT looking forward to.

We're off to Perth to validate in November, can't wait.

I'll be picking your brains re the job market for accountants once you get sorted over there!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:33 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it's all worked out

We'll be able to meet up soon then in Perth for some
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:34 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Iain, Sam and Maryann
Watcha mate,

Glad to see it's all systems go for you!

So, not long now then..!!

All the very best to you, Sam and Maryann, keep us posted as best you can (I know it'll get a bit difficult to post on here over the coming months whilst your trying to settle yourself in etc)

Love to all

D D xxx
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:39 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad it's all worked out

We'll be able to meet up soon then in Perth for some
You always have to bring into it

Think of us when you do....[she sighs wistfully]

D D
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:40 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

Think of us when you do....[she sighs wistfully]

D D
Sure will
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Nice one Iain, congrats on the house complete ...

No looking back now eh!

Well done! ...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I think I snook in whilst you were away!!!

Good luck with your move and I look forward to the updates when you reach the other side!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. The shippers are here now so I am making the most of my last few moments on here until they throw me off.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:35 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Thanks everyone. The shippers are here now so I am making the most of my last few moments on here until they throw me off.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Good Luck xxxxx

D D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.