Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hypothetical swap

Hypothetical swap

Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bald Badger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hypothetical swap

3.20 am Can’t sleep. I tried this idea with my son and his partner, but she wouldn’t have a bar of it, job/house sharing with them in the UK, we both do the same work, we could do 6 months in each country, share house car and job even pets. Hop on a plane every 6 months meet in L.A. to swap notes and change country’s wotdoyouthink?? Would need a trustworthy person who wouldn’t kill the doggie, smash up the car, burn the house down wreck the home theater could unblock a drain and fix a fuse. And whose employer would allow job sharing. You would need to do the change over June and January so that one of the sharers doesn’t get full time winter. Good way to immerse yourself in another lifestyle/culture and still scuttle home after 6 months to be back with family Regards Johnny Bald Badger
Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:59 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Hypothetical swap

Originally posted by Bald Badger
3.20 am Can’t sleep. I tried this idea with my son and his partner, but she wouldn’t have a bar of it, job/house sharing with them in the UK, we both do the same work, we could do 6 months in each country, share house car and job even pets. Hop on a plane every 6 months meet in L.A. to swap notes and change country’s wotdoyouthink?? Would need a trustworthy person who wouldn’t kill the doggie, smash up the car, burn the house down wreck the home theater could unblock a drain and fix a fuse. And whose employer would allow job sharing. You would need to do the change over June and January so that one of the sharers doesn’t get full time winter. Good way to immerse yourself in another lifestyle/culture and still scuttle home after 6 months to be back with family Regards Johnny Bald Badger
Sounds good to me mate !! why dont you try house swap on tv...get all the publicity then isnt there a company that deals with all this side of things out there? sure i have seen one advertised or would you only prefer family?
johanne
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea- as long as I get both summers!!!
Larissa
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea

this sight needs a section 'holiday/house swap'
i.e. location :west london,3 bed house.....looking to swap 4 weeks in oz/nz/japan ....etc

i'm going to ask mr moderator
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:29 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

What an excelent idea, there would be no need for migration and the wonder of greener grass on the other side.
Yea you would have to do the seasons right though knowing my luck winter in NZ and UK Ugh... specially when I look out on a very soggey Sunday morning
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Bald Badger is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s why I said change over in June / December you would go from high summer to mid-winter then over the next 6 months back to summer and we would go from mid winter to......well you know what I mean.
I need someone who has a little terrier type dog that sleeps in the house, comes on my bed in the morning sometimes, like's living in the country, little lambs live next door. There is a gum tree in the garden that has this season 14 Tui's a beautiful native song bird go to this site to see and hear this bird http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/birds/tui.html also have a macadamia nut tree in the garden, lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, and olive trees. A Frangipani tree with the most beautiful scent. Crikey I think I will stay here.:PARTY:
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:48 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Funny that I think I would given the same situation
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:14 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

I really think we do need a house-swop forum, i for one would definitely be up for a house-swop to aus/nz/america!