CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huntsman!!!!!!!!!!

Big, ugly......but shy and pretty harmless

http://www.termite.com/spider-identi....html#huntsman
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:31 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClareW
I read somewhere that you should be wary when squishing spiders etc as the toxins in their bodies can spray out on squishment...... The hoover extension sounds like a good bet.

I ironed a Huntsman once - it had crawled into the washing on the line. Survived the first side but ran out quick when I turned the item over. I stood and squealed like a girlie and my hubby and sister in law had to come and save me. Didn't do my image too much good.
Not sure about the toxins but you really shouldnt kill them they do a great job in keeping the other nasties at bay
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
Not sure about the toxins but you really shouldnt kill them they do a great job in keeping the other nasties at bay
They are not toxic......see link I put up.

Yeah...they keep the cockroaches etc away !
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:35 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Thanks for that Cas :scared: And here's me thinking i had just the Huntsman to contend with.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Issie
Thanks for that Cas :scared: And here's me thinking i had just the Huntsman to contend with.
Nope :scared:

Good site though.....I now know what Whitetails look like.......bastard that bit me !
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Could have been worse. Could have been a crocodile.
Only if it was "I'm a has-been, keep me in here".
WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:33 am
Just Joined

jateai will become famous soon enough

When I lived in Canberra I had a pet huntsman called George who was free to run around the house, if you put your hand near him he would run across it but never atempted to bite, by the time we moved he was about the size of the palm of my hand. My friends used to get me to remove their huntsmans and I was never bitten so I don't think you need to worry, just be glad you have them in the house as they are great at catching unwanted bugs.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
wasnt bothered about the lanlords wall,just not killing it first time and it getting away just used a bloody bottle of repellant all over the house

Lol ...your lucky it didn't decide to jump :scared: :scared:

Well done not looking forward to seeing my first one in the house

Sue x
Old Dec 9th 2005, 6:00 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Good link - thanks, Caroline. K sent.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:54 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by scissors
Found a ******* huge huntsman last night
I was in the ute this week waiting for my dad to get in (he's visiting from Wales). I noticed a huge huntsman on the back window, knowing my dad hasn't seen one of these before I got out and showed it to him from the outside of the car. He scampered away from the car saying he wasn't going to get in . I removed the little fella using the sun screen for the windscreen.

I found another huntsman in a web at the farm - some other spider had caught him and sucked his insides out !