Humour

Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ali G was big here and the Office was also recently shown. At the moment Dead Ringers is on ABC. There is a lot of crap American stuff but the Simpsons and South Park are worth a laugh.

My Aussie wife loves the British humour and generally I find Aussies dismissive of american hunmour.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by salonit
Totally Agree!!! If anyone shouldve been offended about that it shouldve been me as I spent all day trying to wean addicts off heroin by supervising methadone supplied using our tax money! But I still managed to see the funny side.....anyway best get back to dispensing the drugs for the addicts!!!!!!
Well, maybe there is a difference in humour after all. There are just some things I wouldn't joke about and this is one. No offence to anyone, I just don't think it can be a joking matter it is such a serious problem facing the world.

We'll just beg to differ on that one. I won't be able to take up the offer of a pint with Warwick Road either because I don't drink.

TennisOz
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by warwick road
it also goes a lot on the culture you are brought up in......

there is no way a moneyed, pampered aussie kid is goin to have the same attitude to life as someone brought up on a manchester council estate.....

the manc kid will be totally clued up by the time hes about 11 and nothing will ever phase him, the aussie has it all to see and do but he wont discover the real world till he hits 18 and branches out a bit.

btw i was using manc as an example, it could be any major city in the uk
Yeah, and the same thing would apply to a moneyed, pampered kid from the Home Counties - your earlier point about differences within countries eg Manchester/Liverpool vs the south.

OzTennis
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
Well, maybe there is a difference in humour after all. There are just some things I wouldn't joke about and this is one. No offence to anyone, I just don't think it can be a joking matter it is such a serious problem facing the world.

We'll just beg to differ on that one. I won't be able to take up the offer of a pint with Warwick Road either because I don't drink.

TennisOz

Jesus you sound like a right barrel of laughs mate
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

TennisOz
TennisOz ....come on! ! Things in life can be very difficult and sometimes you just gotta take things lightly. being Hindu I shouldnt drink either but I do so responsibly and do not have a problem with those who drink and take drugs! But then I dont impose my views /beliefs on anyone to the extend that it affects anyone else.
I dont think drugs are a joking matter ( seeing as I help addicts everyday! Its not a nice thing, trust me!) but life cant get a bit hard if you dont learn to take things lightly! Drug Abuse IS a seroius problem affecting the world and I am one of the people helping continuosly to sort the problem out!! I am proud that I have the responsibility & skills to do so!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TennisOz

tennis Oz is this the real u - or is this the identity theft???
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

TennisOz ....come on! ! Things in life can be very difficult and sometimes you just gotta take things lightly. being Hindu I shouldnt drink either but I do so responsibly and do not have a problem with those who drink and take drugs! But then I dont impose my views /beliefs on anyone to the extend that it affects anyone else.
I dont think drugs are a joking matter ( seeing as I help addicts everyday! Its not a nice thing, trust me!) but life cant get a bit hard if you dont learn to take things lightly! Drug Abuse IS a seroius problem affecting the world and I am one of the people helping continuosly to sort the problem out!! I am proud that I have the responsibility & skills to do so!
As I said, we'll let it rest and just beg to differ

I think you'll find from my other posts that I have a very good sense of humour - just not about certain things.

It is the real me incidentally.

OzTennis
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

As I said, we'll let it rest and just beg to differ

I think you'll find from my other posts that I have a very good sense of humour - just not about certain things.

It is the real me incidentally.

OzTennis

no probs mate...incidently I have a 5 minutes ago a patient thanking me for weaning him off the bad stuff and helping him get back on track! hes a good lad - hope he does well now!
so its the real u then, oz tennis.......glad to have met you !!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no probs mate...incidently I have a 5 minutes ago a patient thanking me for weaning him off the bad stuff and helping him get back on track! hes a good lad - hope he does well now!
so its the real u then, oz tennis.......glad to have met you !!
Thanks. You deserve all the plaudits in the world for the work you do incidentally.

OzTennis