Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

humidity in perth

humidity in perth

Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

pscotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default humidity in perth

Can anyone tell me exactly what the climate is like in perth. We are thinking of going there rather than adelaide, which was our first choice, but we are not sure whether it will be too hot or humid?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: humidity in perth

Originally Posted by pscotty
Can anyone tell me exactly what the climate is like in perth. We are thinking of going there rather than adelaide, which was our first choice, but we are not sure whether it will be too hot or humid?
It's freezing in Perth at the moment......... but come the next few months it won't be.

Humidity isn't really much of a problem; but, I guess it is what you are used to which makes a difference. I'm used to working up in the tropics so Perth's heat doesn't bother me. This cold snap does though:curse::curse:

Never been to Adelaide other than the airport.......... so can't comment on the place. Apparently Perth is very boring............. but in my 18 years here this time round I've always found it anything but boring? Each to their own!

Good luck wherever you do end up.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gnarrabup is on a distinguished road

http://au.weather.yahoo.com/ASXX/ASXX0089/index_c.html
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

pscotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobcat
It's freezing in Perth at the moment......... but come the next few months it won't be.

Humidity isn't really much of a problem; but, I guess it is what you are used to which makes a difference. I'm used to working up in the tropics so Perth's heat doesn't bother me. This cold snap does though:curse::curse:

Never been to Adelaide other than the airport.......... so can't comment on the place. Apparently Perth is very boring............. but in my 18 years here this time round I've always found it anything but boring? Each to their own!

Good luck wherever you do end up.
perth boring? what , is there no nightlife?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Last year we had a couple of humid days, but it is certainly not the norm. Yes, it gets hot but it is a dry heat and not as energy-sapping as the kind you get in the UK - I was always dead to the world if it hit 24 degrees whereas here I managed 30 OK - and that was being several months pregnant as well!!

I agree that this cold weather is worse - we seem to have had a late winter this year... roll on summer!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

perth boring? what , is there no nightlife?
There is plenty in the city, especially Northbridge. But if you are looking for somewhere like England with 20 pubs within puking distance of each other in every suburb then you will be disappointed. Generally each burb will have its own tavern and Joondalup has 2!!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridie
Last year we had a couple of humid days, but it is certainly not the norm. Yes, it gets hot but it is a dry heat and not as energy-sapping as the kind you get in the UK - I was always dead to the world if it hit 24 degrees whereas here I managed 30 OK - and that was being several months pregnant as well!!

I agree that this cold weather is worse - we seem to have had a late winter this year... roll on summer!
I was just thinking the same. This winter seems to dragging on abit. I think this time last year was much warmer. I never know what to wear lately. One minute the sun is shining, the next it is blowing a gale and raining.

As for pubs in Perth...if thats what your after, your barking up the wrong tree!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Its lovely today guys
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flowergal
Its lovely today guys
Fantastic isn't it?

It's so good I'm going to shut my computer down and go out and do a bit of gardening.

My paperwork backlog can wait until tonight.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Fantastic isn't it?

It's so good I'm going to shut my computer down and go out and do a bit of gardening.

My paperwork backlog can wait until tonight.
I am on level 24 in Central Park and they just cleaned the windows. I wish they hadn't; I keep looking out over the river wishing it was a weekend and I could take the boat out / light the barbie / crack a cold one.

Still, can't complain. I can see the planes take off and land at the airport in the distance, the hills (cooee Aston Man / Amazulu!), the WACA floodlights and the river snaking its way upstream. That is a lot better than staring at Birmingham Snow Hill station I can tell you.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I am on level 24 in Central Park and they just cleaned the windows. I wish they hadn't; I keep looking out over the river wishing it was a weekend and I could take the boat out / light the barbie / crack a cold one.

Still, can't complain. I can see the planes take off and land at the airport in the distance, the hills (cooee Aston Man / Amazulu!), the WACA floodlights and the river snaking its way upstream. That is a lot better than staring at Birmingham Snow Hill station I can tell you.
It's a glorious day. I just walked back to the office along the river - superb.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

G'uday mate......... what a magic day; and it's not boring either eh?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:57 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes ... I've just returned from my lunchtime jaunt down the terrace and my oh my what a difference the sunshine makes.

Some of the scenery on display was quite breathtaking.

Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Yes ... I've just returned from my lunchtime jaunt down the terrace and my oh my what a difference the sunshine makes.

Some of the scenery on display was quite breathtaking.
You are as bad as Amazulu you perv
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:30 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Joondalup has 2!!!
.................................................. .......and people moan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.